Windows 10: Transfer win10 from crashed laptop

Discus and support Transfer win10 from crashed laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop with win10 has crashed. Black screen, will not boot up. Can not get anything to work. Power button and little light on caps lock button flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RayBarnhill, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Transfer win10 from crashed laptop

My laptop with win10 has crashed. Black screen, will not boot up. Can not get anything to work. Power button and little light on caps lock button flash but nothing else. Can I transfer the win10 to another laptop with win8.1?

:)

RayBarnhill, Oct 10, 2018

2. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 10, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Transfer win10 from crashed laptop

Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Transfer win10 from crashed laptop

1. Transfer win10 from crashed laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer win10 crashed

2. Transferring SDD with win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring SDD with win10: My NUC8i7 had a hardware problem. Replaced it with NUC10i7. while powering up with the same SDD and memory transffered from the old one, the system request a recovery key. I do not own such a key. Did not find any BitLocker key in my account. Thae operating system was...
  3. Transfer from WinXP to Win10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from WinXP to Win10.: What system or program is recommended for videos transfer from XP to 10. I used to use Tornado transfer and then Roxio to open but now it doesn't work anymore. Got transfer all right but Win10 won't accept the file....
  4. Transfer Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 Pro: I have bought the 199USD Win10 Pro license. I was told if i get this more expensive license i could transfer the OS and isntall to another PC. This is what i want to do now. How can i remove the license from my current PC and set it to Win10 HOME again and transfer to...
  5. Pic transfer from to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pic transfer from to laptop: Tranfered pics from LG phone to win10 on Dell laptop and can't find them. Where should I look? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pic-transfer-from-to-laptop/f170e875-c5f1-45d6-99fe-d22b39a9bf94"
  6. Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop: Hello, I would appreciate some help with the following issue: I have bought a new laptop and a separate win10 OEM. After a few months using the laptop, I have returned it since it had hardware problems. The store accepted it and gave me a cash return, which I used to get...
  7. TRANSFER FILES FROM ONE DESKTOP (WIN10) TO ANOTHER DESKTOP (WIN10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TRANSFER FILES FROM ONE DESKTOP (WIN10) TO ANOTHER DESKTOP (WIN10): I HAVE TWO LENOVO windows 10 desktops and want to transfer all my files and media to the other one. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-one-desktop-win10-to-another/08490045-8898-4c7d-99c3-f50c0ca776d4
  8. Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Win7 to Win10: My compuiter was running "Windows Live Mail" under Win7 quite(?) happily. Then Microsoft persuaded me to upgrade to Win10, which aslo ran quite(?) happily until last December.Then things went pear-shaped. The upshot was, I went out & bought a new computer, running Win10. I...
  9. Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.: Unlike almost EVERYONE else lol, I didn't not upgrade to Win10, I went to the store, bought a copy of Win19 on a disc, and a new HDD and did a dual boot with Vista64 and Win10 64 pro. As such, I have to move files. What I didn't think about was my massive online cooking...
  10. Activated Win10 on defective laptop, how to transfer key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activated Win10 on defective laptop, how to transfer key to new laptop: Hello, I bought a laptop for a client, wiped and formatted the hard drive that had Windows 8.1 Home. Installed Windows 10 Pro. And activated it with a purchased key. When I started working on it, there were a lot of issues, and a defective touch pad. So I am about to...