Windows 10: Transfer Win10 Pro

Discus and support Transfer Win10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought the 199USD Win10 Pro license. I was told if i get this more expensive license i could transfer the OS and isntall to another PC. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dimichristop, May 3, 2020.

1. Transfer Win10 Pro

I have bought the 199USD Win10 Pro license. I was told if i get this more expensive license i could transfer the OS and isntall to another PC.

This is what i want to do now.

How can i remove the license from my current PC and set it to Win10 HOME again and transfer to another PC which has Win10 Home currently

Thanks

DImi

:)

dimichristop, May 3, 2020

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, May 3, 2020
  3. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, May 3, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Transfer Win10 Pro

How to transfer Win10 license correctly?

No, you don't need to transfer any licenses.

If you upgrade your Win7 Pro to Win10 it will get a digital license for Win10 Pro in it's own right, based on having a qualifying activated Win7. Although MS have said the free upgrades have ended, quietly behind they scenes they still will be activated.

Use the Media Creation Tool to make an install USB then use Step 6 in this tutorial.

Upgrade to Windows 10

Bree, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Win10 Pro

1. Transfer Win10 Pro - Similar Threads - Transfer Win10 Pro

2. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store Windows Apps - Microsoft Store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  3. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  4. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  5. transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer

transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer: I am replacing my old HP computer. Win10 Pro is an upgraded OS on this machine. I have a valid key for this OS that I would like to use with my new computer. I recently built a new machine for my wife. In the process of that I purchased a Win10 Pro disc with a separate key....
  6. Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC: I have just built a new PC and I want to transfer my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old one. I checked the licence with command slmgr -dli, and it is in the RETAIL channel, so should be transferrable. Following instructions on various posts, I removed my licence...
  7. Transferring SDD with win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring SDD with win10: My NUC8i7 had a hardware problem. Replaced it with NUC10i7. while powering up with the same SDD and memory transffered from the old one, the system request a recovery key. I do not own such a key. Did not find any BitLocker key in my account. Thae operating system was...
  8. How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine

How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine: My HTPC fan broke the other day. Machine overheated. Unable to fix so need to buy a new PC. The HTPC had Win10 pro installed via upgrade from Win8 some years ago. Is it possible to transfer licence to new PC? Thx...
  9. Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro: Is Win10 Pro a one time fee ? Also is multilanguage included https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-pro/0a679549-b3e7-48ec-bddb-4617945f00fe
  10. $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $99 Win10 Pro upgrade transfer possible?: I have a 3 year old Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled, about 6 months ago I purchased the $99 Pro upgrade and now the laptop has died. I believe the digital license is tied to my microsoft account. Can I install Win10 Pro on my new laptop (with Win10...