Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently downloaded and activated Windows 10 Version 1809 with a digital activation key. I have since found that the industrial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Woolie161, May 22, 2019.

1. Woolie161 Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key

Hello,

I have recently downloaded and activated Windows 10 Version 1809 with a digital activation key.

I have since found that the industrial software that I am trying to install has a requirement of Windows 10 Version 1703.

If I try to install the software on Version 1809, the installation fails. According to the Software's tech support, it must be installed on Version 1703.

I have downloaded Windows 10 Version 1703 and installed the software. I now have two(2) computers, one is windows 10 Version 1809 which is activated and the other is Windows 10 Version 1703. My question is can I transfer the digital activation key to the computer with the lower version number i.e. from version 1809 to version 1703. My concern is the Microsoft will not recognize the new computer as just a "Hardware change".

Your help and possible Solutions.

Thank you

Woolie

:)

Woolie161, May 22, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 22, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Digital activation key

Hi Tony

You do not need a product key to re-install Windows 10, as long as you re-install the exact same Edition of Windows 10, your licence will be unaffected and Windows 10 should self-activate without any user interaction . . .

If you have already re-installed Windows 10 and you have an activation error, please check you have installed the same edition - go to Settings - System - About. Is the correct Edition of Windows 10 listed there that matches the previously installed Edition?

If you are about to re-install Windows 10:

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will
    have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

DaveM121, May 22, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

1) You cannot transfer digital licence without using MS account if original key is not retail. If original key is retail, you can just use it to activate new pc.

Your windows 7 key should still be valid if retail.

Your legal obligation is to wipe windows from old pc if you reinstall on new pc and transfer licence (either by reusing retail key or doing a digital licence transfer if linked to MS account).

The fact old pc might activate automatically if new owner installs windows is not your problem provided you did not indicate it will activate automatically.

cereberus, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer Windows 10 Digital Activation Key - Similar Threads - Transfer Digital Activation

2. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  3. digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working: hello , please i tried all ways to fix the problem from your website .. i have digital key activation for windows 10 pro but not working .. please i need your support...
  4. Transfer digital license to product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer digital license to product key: Is there a way for me to do this without calling microsoft support for a remote assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-digital-license-to-product-key/14313ea7-9863-4bc5-bb90-c49b8c27022b
  5. transferring a windows activation key

transferring a windows activation key: i have a preinstalled windows 8 on my laptop that was upgraded to win 10 for free,the op system is installed on my hdd, now i want to replace my hdd to ssd i don't need ssd and hdd together on my laptop and there is no room for both technically how can i install win 10 now...
  6. Transferring Digital Microsoft Keys

Transferring Digital Microsoft Keys: Hi there, About 2-3 years ago we bought a Surface laptop. The laptop came with a Win 10 Pro digital license linked to the device. It is not in use anymore and I was wondering where you can find this license and if it is possible to transfer it to a different device like a...
  7. Digital key transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Digital key transfer: I've have an activated windows 10 pro with a digital key linked to my microsoft account on my pc, i got myself a new laptop, i don't use that pc anymore, so can i transfer the digital key from my pc to laptop? If yes then please tell me step by step procedure? submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro activation with digital key.: So i recently upgraded my SSD and CPU in my old pc, when reinstalling windows it refused to activate windows, i tried calling support 3 times. every time i got some one that literally could barely understand. All i could understand from the last person is i needed to install...
  9. Windows activation and digital keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation and digital keys: Hi I have a Lenovo Z50 laptop which originally had Win 8.1 installed I upgraded free to Win 10 but after an update maybe 2 months ago everything went wrong, I had a black screen no curser, no control, no access, I had to do the three forced shutdowns to reset and now I have...
  10. Digital activation key

Digital activation key: Where can I find the digital activation key? I upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and have just had to reinstall the software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-activation-key/bdf54bcf-5912-4802-b53f-8f3c9eed6b82"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want to sell laptop with digital license activation

2. digital entitlement stored on the microsoft activation servers