Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I recently built a PC and formatted my old SSD (that was running windows) to use on my new PC. Unfortunately, I forgot to deactivate windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hex213, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Hex213 Win User

Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC

Hello! I recently built a PC and formatted my old SSD (that was running windows) to use on my new PC. Unfortunately, I forgot to deactivate windows before I completely wiped the SSD. The old "computer" is still connected to my microsoft account. Is there a way to deactivate Windows from that old non-working (non-existent actually) PC to reactivate on my current one? Thanks for any help!

:)

Hex213, Jan 3, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 3, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC

transfer windows 10 to new pc?

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC

1. Transfer Windows 10 from a non-usable PC (but still in microsoft account) to new PC - Similar Threads - Transfer non usable

2. Transfer Windows 10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 on a new PC: Hi, I recently bought I new PC, and I deactivated windows 10 on my old PC, and now when I try to activate windows on my new machine, it is not working. Can someone help me please?...
  3. Transferring account to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring account to new PC: Hi guys, My current PC is on its last legs so, before it fails completely, I'm getting a new one. I have an existing Microsoft account and have Windows 10 Pro and access to Office applications such as Excel and Word. If I sign into my existing account on a new PC will I...
  4. Transferring my account to a new PC

Transferring my account to a new PC: Hello dear Microsoft Community, I will be moving to another pc today. I will no more be using my current pc. I have an active Windows 10 Pro key linked to my microsoft account. When switching my computer, is it enough to me to format my current pc and just link my account to...
  5. Transferring to new pc Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring to new pc Windows 10: My wife's computer died (power supply problems). She has bought a new one but needs to get her files from the old one to the new one. Can I take the hard drive from her old one computer , install it on my computer, copy the required files from her old hd to a usb drive and...
  6. Can I transfer Windows 10 from dead, non-working, PC to new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer Windows 10 from dead, non-working, PC to new one: My motherboard just fried itself last week and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer my purchased copy of Windows 10 to the new PC I'm building. If so, is there any video guides that shows exactly what needs to be done or even a step by step guide can help, as long as...
  7. How to transfer W10 key from non working pc to new pc?

How to transfer W10 key from non working pc to new pc?: My pc has stopped working and I have built a new one I need to install windows to the new pc, how can i reactivate the new key and the install files onto the new pc?...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC

Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC: Hi, My old PC build has a valid Windows 10 Pro license attached to my MSFT account and when I did a complete rebuild of my new PC, and attempted to activate Windows with the same MSFT account following the exception pathway, the troubleshooter returned with "We can’t find...
  9. Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC

Transferring Non-OEM Windows 10 key to a new PC: Hello! I recently built a new PC, and would like to transfer the current Windows license (on the computer that I am typing this on), to the new one. I'm having trouble finding the product key. The standard way of finding it, thru admin command prompt, is not working. Are...
  10. Windows 10 transfer to new PC

Windows 10 transfer to new PC: Hi everyone, I've installed windows from my old pc on my new pc, but now I cannot activate it (supposedly because it is already active on my old pc). However, trying to delete windows on the old pc will not work, because it crashes everytime I try to boot it. Advice very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrade to Win 10 is the old PC still usable