Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have joined Windows Insider program and got a free Windows 10 Pro license. Everytime I reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS on my laptop it's will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by theLordRings, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

I have joined Windows Insider program and got a free Windows 10 Pro license. Everytime I reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS on my laptop it's will be activated automatically. I wonder that license is OEM or retail channel?

I just bought a new desktop (not laptop), I would like to transfer the free license from my old laptop to the new desktop, is it possible?

Thanks so much for answering!!

:)

theLordRings, Sep 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

Transferring Windows 10 License from laptop to desktop

I am having trouble figuring out how to transfer my Windows 10 license (or whether it's even possible). My laptop originally had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro via a free copy provided by my college to students. That was then upgraded for free
    to Windows 10, and now that my laptop is failing I am trying to see if I can transfer the digital license tied to my Microsoft account to my new desktop.

I did some digging here and
    I found a post
    that linked
    this article
    that mentioned if I had upgraded from a retail copy of Windows 8 means I had a one-time transfer I could use. Since I haven't done this before I should (according to the article) have one available. I tried following the steps given in the
    article along with the related article linked in the post and

the tips given here
    but I have not gotten it too work. I'm not sure if I'm missing some steps along the way and/or it is not possible for me but any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot from my current PC:

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop 56a8222e-d475-4aef-bc19-9877ba062132?upload=true.jpg

From my laptop:

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop 59700d2d-328d-4946-ad1e-306fc0e36187?upload=true.png

Beef Wellington the Third, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

1. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop - Similar Threads - Transfer license laptop

2. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to...
  3. Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring SSD from laptop to desktop: I have a laptop with a 2.5 inch 128gb SSD. This SSD has windows 10 on it along with a number of other programs, files, etc. I would like to take the SSD out of my laptop and install it in my desktop, which already has its own SSD in it with windows 10 installed. So my...
  4. Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new

Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new: Hello, I have a windows pro license in an old laptop and I want to transfer it to my newly bought laptop so I won't have to pay twice in getting windows 10 pro. How do I go about this?...
  5. Window 10 License Transfer

Window 10 License Transfer: Hello, I am using a MSI laptop that comes pre-installed with Window 10, so if I am going to build a desktop to replace the laptop, is it possible to transfer the window 10 from my laptop to the new PC? It cost a lot for a new Window 10 product key , around 400$ converted from...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 License?

Transfer Windows 10 License?: I’m building a new PC in a few days, and I want to know if I can use my Windows 10 key on my current computer on the new one. I’m fine with ‘deactivating’ Windows on my current computer....
  7. Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10

Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10: I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer my windows 8.1 license from my old laptop to my new laptop with Windows 10 which is currently not activated. My Microsoft account is connected on both laptops but the license doesn't transfer and gives a 0xC004F213 error -...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 license

Transferring Windows 10 license: I have recently bought a desktop & will sale my laptop. My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed & then I upgraded to windows 10. Note:I don't have a product key & activation status says "windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". Now,...
  9. Windows 10 license transfer

Windows 10 license transfer: My main PC has non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise, so i wish to transfer Windows 10 license from laptop that I don't use anymore but it has Windows 10 pro. How can I transfer Windows 10 pro from a computer to another computer which already has Enterprise version of Windows?...
  10. Transfer license from the dead

Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...