Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have joined Windows Insider program and got a free Windows 10 Pro license. Everytime I reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS on my laptop it's will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by theLordRings, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

I have joined Windows Insider program and got a free Windows 10 Pro license. Everytime I reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS on my laptop it's will be activated automatically. I wonder that license is OEM or retail channel?

I just bought a new desktop (not laptop), I would like to transfer the free license from my old laptop to the new desktop, is it possible?

Thanks so much for answering!!

:)

theLordRings, Sep 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

Transferring Windows 10 License from laptop to desktop

I am having trouble figuring out how to transfer my Windows 10 license (or whether it's even possible). My laptop originally had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro via a free copy provided by my college to students. That was then upgraded for free
    to Windows 10, and now that my laptop is failing I am trying to see if I can transfer the digital license tied to my Microsoft account to my new desktop.

I did some digging here and
    I found a post
    that linked
    this article
    that mentioned if I had upgraded from a retail copy of Windows 8 means I had a one-time transfer I could use. Since I haven't done this before I should (according to the article) have one available. I tried following the steps given in the
    article along with the related article linked in the post and

the tips given here
    but I have not gotten it too work. I'm not sure if I'm missing some steps along the way and/or it is not possible for me but any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot from my current PC:

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop 56a8222e-d475-4aef-bc19-9877ba062132?upload=true.jpg

From my laptop:

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop 59700d2d-328d-4946-ad1e-306fc0e36187?upload=true.png

Beef Wellington the Third, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

1. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop - Similar Threads - Transfer license laptop

2. Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop: My laptop has windows 10 installed. However I am unable to updgrade to Windows 11 as the specifications do allow for this. I have thus decided to build a gamining PC from scratch. Do i have to obtain a brand new license or can I transfer my license from the laptop to the...
  3. Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop: My laptop has windows 10 installed. However I am unable to updgrade to Windows 11 as the specifications do allow for this. I have thus decided to build a gamining PC from scratch. Do i have to obtain a brand new license or can I transfer my license from the laptop to the...
  4. Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfering Windows license from laptop to VM in the same laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering Windows license from laptop to VM in the same laptop: I've recently installed linux in my laptop because it fits better to my needs. However, I'd still like to keep Windows on a virtual machine for using some specific programs and looking how things change after updates so I can know how to help family members when they are...
  6. Transfering Windows license from laptop to VM in the same laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering Windows license from laptop to VM in the same laptop: I've recently installed linux in my laptop because it fits better to my needs. However, I'd still like to keep Windows on a virtual machine for using some specific programs and looking how things change after updates so I can know how to help family members when they are...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  8. transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop

transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop: Hi, I know that windows 10 digital license configured to preinstall laptop can't transfer to another desktop or laptop. But I have upgraded windows 10 to windows 10 pro. So my question is after upgrade can I transfer this windows 10 pro license to another desktop or...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop

Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop: I've got a new laptop as a desktop replacement. The desktop is no longer functioning fan and other issues but I have the boot SSD which is licensed as Pro. The laptop only has Windows Home. Is there a way to recover my Pro license from the SSD? TIA!...
  10. Can I transfer a Windows 10 license from a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer a Windows 10 license from a laptop to a desktop?: I found a guy selling a broken laptop for like 10 bucks, and it has windows 10 and I would like to known if it’s possible to transfer the license submitted by /u/RonnieM07 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows 10 laptop license to a desktop