Windows 10: Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer

Discus and support Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i'am planning to buy a new motherboard and cpu, can i transfer my windows 10 license key OEM:NONSLP to a new one? Is there anyway to deactivate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrianJosephW, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer

So i'am planning to buy a new motherboard and cpu, can i transfer my windows 10 license key OEM:NONSLP to a new one? Is there anyway to deactivate the old one so I can use it to my new pc? I did some research but they say OEM is not transferable but in my other research it says that OEM:NONSLP is similar to retail product key.

:)

BrianJosephW, Dec 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Dec 24, 2020
  3. How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer

Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key

Hi Abder63

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

If you had Activated and linked your license to your Microsoft Account and its a retail license, you might be able to transfer it to the new computer without the product key.

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-window...

Here are steps to reactivate the license on the new computer without the product key.

Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer [​IMG]

Andre for Directly, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer

1. Transfer windows 10 license key to a new computer - Similar Threads - Transfer license key

2. Transfering Win 10 license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Win 10 license to a new computer: Hi, I have two questions about licenses of Win 10. So I have two computers right now, mostly using the newer one. Both of them are digital licenses linked to my MS account and both of them are updated from windows 7. One of them being Windows 10 Pro the newer PC and the...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer

Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro which I got by updating for free from Windows 7 Professional, which I had bought on a disk. Sadly, that disk, together with the product key, were lost during the many times we had moved. Now, I am planning to buy a new computer, since this one...
  4. transfer windows 10 license to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 license to new computer: help transfer windows 10 license to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-license-to-new-computer/217de9f5-000b-490d-b048-89632d3fa8e4
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer

Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer: Hi, I have a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. Earlier this year, I had to purchase the $99 Windows 10 Pro digital license through Microsoft Store for that computer. I'm pretty sure there is no product key for it, as it's a digital license. It is linked to...
  6. Transferring license to new computer?

Transferring license to new computer?: So I noticed I can change my product key. I am currently using windows 10 home, but I can get windows 10 education for free thru university, and I heard it is better than windows 10 home. Would I be able to change the product key to the one for windows 10 education, and then...
  7. New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license

New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license: I have an Windows 10 Pro license, purchased from Microsoft as a Digital License. It is active on my current PC that originally came with Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 Home and would like to transfer the Pro license to it, and keep my old PC with...
  8. Transfering win 10 license to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering win 10 license to new computer: Hello! So I felt it was about time to build a new gaming rig as my current one has passed 9 years already and has seen better days. And for my final touch, I want to transfer my win 10 license if possible to my new computer. I've looked around the webs and I understand that...
  9. Transferring license to new computer

Transferring license to new computer: Activation is a popular topic, but perhaps my situation is slightly different from other situations. I have been using an HP XW4400, but when Windows 8 first became available in October of 2012 I performed a clean install. (This was the $40 offer for the Pro version.) When...
  10. New computer: transfer license

New computer: transfer license: My antique pc died today and I'm now working on a new HP Pavilion which came with Win 10 Home. I have a recent iso DVD of Win 10 Pro and plan on installing it. How can I transfer my license? 86181