Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 license to vmware workstation

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 license to vmware workstation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to transfer my license from my laptop to a virtual machine VMware Workstation. My hard drive failed on my laptop and I have decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimRMcDonald, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Transfer Windows 10 license to vmware workstation

I would like to transfer my license from my laptop to a virtual machine VMware Workstation. My hard drive failed on my laptop and I have decided to run Windows 10 under a virtual machine instead fo directly on the laptop.

I installed Windows 10 on a virtual machine, but it did not find the license expected.

Is there a way to transfer the license for the laptop to the virtual machine? Or is there a way to capture the license from the data on the former hard drive? It appears that some or all of the data is on the hard drive, but the laptop will not boot off of it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

TimRMcDonald, Apr 3, 2020
  2. pparks1 Win User

vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

Right from this page;
    VMware Workstation Player FAQs: Create and run virtual machines | United States

also
    More detail
    I use VMWare extensively at work.

pparks1, Apr 3, 2020
  3. dhjohns Win User
    VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare Workstation 12 is out now, which fully supports Windows 10. I suggest upgrading to 12.

dhjohns, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Transfer Windows 10 license to vmware workstation

Upgrade to Windows 10 asking to uninstlal VMware Workstation

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while updating your PC to Windows 10 as it is asking to uninstall VMware Workstation on your PC.

Ideally, during the upgrade if any application is incompatible with Windows 10 then the setup will ask you to remove the application in order to complete the installation without any errors.

However, during my research I found that if you are using VMware 15.1 or above then you can successfully upgrade to Windows 10. You may want to try updating the version of VMware Workstation installed on the PC and then see if you are able to complete
    the upgrade.

The updated version of VMware Workstation is available on the
    VMware website

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 license to vmware workstation

1. Transfer Windows 10 license to vmware workstation - Similar Threads - Transfer license vmware

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query: The host OS is Windows 11 Pro and this is OEM version running on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.The guest OS is Windows 10 Pro booting in a VMware Workstation Player.Do I need a separate Windows 10 Pro product key?If no, will I be using the same product key as the host OS?If yes,...
  5. Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query: The host OS is Windows 11 Pro and this is OEM version running on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.The guest OS is Windows 10 Pro booting in a VMware Workstation Player.Do I need a separate Windows 10 Pro product key?If no, will I be using the same product key as the host OS?If yes,...
  6. Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Activate Windows 10 in VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 in VMWare Workstation: I installed LINUX on a brand new Lenovo X1, read the procuct key and tried to activate Windows 10 Pro at the same Hardware in an VM. Unfortunately I also used the wrong Microsoft ID with the same E-Mail account . The wrong Microsoft ID is now set to switch off in July, I 'm...
  8. Configure VMware Workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  9. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  10. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...