Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. I was using a laptop with a digital Windows 10 Pro license that I had purchased. The laptop suddenly stopped working and I'm unable to boot it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FussyFasi, Mar 23, 2020.

1. FussyFasi Win User

Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer

Hi. I was using a laptop with a digital Windows 10 Pro license that I had purchased. The laptop suddenly stopped working and I'm unable to boot it up anymore. I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop. Upgrading through the Windows store requires payment again.

:)

FussyFasi, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer

Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key

Hi Abder63

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

If you had Activated and linked your license to your Microsoft Account and its a retail license, you might be able to transfer it to the new computer without the product key.

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/activate-window...

Here are steps to reactivate the license on the new computer without the product key.

Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer [​IMG]

Andre for Directly, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer

1. Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer - Similar Threads - Transfer License without

2. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc: I built a PC back in 2020, which I had purchased a Windows 10 pro key for, and had to leave it behind when I transferred duty stations mid-deployment. My colleagues were supposed to send it to me once the deployment ended, but they never did. I finally got to build another...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc: I built a PC back in 2020, which I had purchased a Windows 10 pro key for, and had to leave it behind when I transferred duty stations mid-deployment. My colleagues were supposed to send it to me once the deployment ended, but they never did. I finally got to build another...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key or old pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Windows 10 license after a hardware upgrade without having access to the old...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 license after a hardware upgrade without having access to the old...: Hi Guys, I have upgraded my hardware some time ago and sold out the the old components already. Can I still transfer the my Win10 license to the new hardware. I have the retail box, the key card etc.Thanks!...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 license to new build without access to old system.

Transfer Windows 10 license to new build without access to old system.: Long story short, my previous system had a catastrophic failure where the motherboard, cpu and HDD no longer function it's an 8 year old system so while I expected it to kick the bucket at some point, I certainly did not foresee this kind of damage. I remember having to...
  7. Clone Windows 10 without transferring license

Clone Windows 10 without transferring license: Our PCs each have its own retail Windows 10 Home license. All have Intel processor / board of various generations. I use same amount of the disk space for Windows on each of them regardless of how big each's hard drive is. What is the correct way to clone a disk to...
  8. Transferring Retail License of Windows 10 To New Computer Without Access to Old Computer

Transferring Retail License of Windows 10 To New Computer Without Access to Old Computer: To put it simply, the computer I built many years ago no longer functions. When I put that computer together I purchased a retail license of windows 10. I'm in the process of getting parts to put together a new rig and was curious as to how I would be able to transfer my...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key

Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer without access to old product key: I had to get a new computer since my laptop is unusable, my hard drives still functioned except for the small ssd that had my OS. The drive had to be wiped and reformatted. Is there anyway to get the activation key of windows 10 I had but on this computer? I am heading to...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?

Transfer Windows 10 license from old dead computer to new computer?: I have an old computer that died, which was running Windows 10. I have another computer that my dad gifted to me, but I want to transfer the license from my old computer to the gifted computer. Unfortunately, I don't know where I stored the old Windows Product Key. I've...