Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Looking to Transfer a Windows Pro Licence, from a returned Laptop to my current new Laptop. I upgraded from the MS Store to Windows Pro on a Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dimitar Popov1, May 29, 2020.

1. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

Looking to Transfer a Windows Pro Licence, from a returned Laptop to my current new Laptop.

I upgraded from the MS Store to Windows Pro on a Laptop that I had purchased. This was in January 2020.

I then returned the laptop because it was faulty just a week later.

At the time before returning I ran a recover to original settings to clear all my details off the laptop.

It is now May 2020, and I've purchased a new laptop that I'd like to upgrade to windows 10 Pro.

But i don't see how to.

I can see my original purchase in my Accounts Order History, but there is no key or any other material associated with that purchase.

Under Microsoft.com -> Accounts -> Devices, I do see my original device and it's showing as running Windows 10 Pro.

Given that the original Laptop is long gone and scrubbed clean - how do I upgrade my current laptop without paying for a new Windows Pro Licence?

Thank you for any assistance.

:)

Dimitar Popov1, May 29, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 29, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 29, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

1. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro Key

2. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop: How can I transfer Windows 10 Pro activation key used in my old laptop that stopped working to my new laptop? I have both of these devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  3. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop: How can I transfer Windows 10 Pro activation key used in my old laptop that stopped working to my new laptop? I have both of these devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  4. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10/11 Pro Key Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 Pro Key Transfer: I upgraded my Windows 10/11 laptop from the home edition to the pro edition through the Microsoft Store. Would it be possible to transfer the pro license over to a new laptop with Windows 10/11 home? If yes then how would one go about doing it?...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  7. Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...: Hello. I am buying a new laptop that comes with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old laptop originally had Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed. Later on I installed the free Windows 10 Home upgrade. Finally, I purchased and installed Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro that I will be selling. I have Windows 10 Home key available that I want to put on the laptop and give my desktop Windows 10 Pro, but I am missing my activation key that came with the laptop. Is there a way to do this?...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another: I purchased a laptop earlier in the year that came with Windows 10 Home, and I bought Windows 10 Pro from the online store and upgraded. I've recently decided that I need a different laptop, and this one is being sold. I'd like to know if I can return this laptop to Windows...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop: Hi, I currently have an old laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro and is activated, I would like to no longer use this laptop and transfer this product key (digital license) to my new refurbished laptop that is also running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find my product...