Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AndreiVisoiu, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine?

Thank you for your time!

:)

AndreiVisoiu, Mar 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Hi,

I am running my laptop with Windows 10 Pro version. I have issues with my laptop and want to replace it. But the item i am planning to buy is having Windows 10 home edition.

Can i use my pro license again in the new laptop.?

• how to deactivate from current laptop.
    • IHow can I transfer the license to my new laptop.
    • will adding this license uograde the OS to pro version.?
    Thanks

Sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from one laptop to another

Hi,

There are certain steps that you can do to transfer Windows 10 Pro license from one laptop to another. Kindly follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this

link
    and see if it resolves your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

1. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro license

2. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.: Hi all! I'm trying to find a way to retrieve my Windows 10/11 Pro license, bought from Microsoft Store, from my previous laptop that completely died some days ago. No matter what I do, it won't turn on.I bought a new Surface Laptop 5 yesterday, but I'm trying to find a way to...
  3. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.: Hi all! I'm trying to find a way to retrieve my Windows 10/11 Pro license, bought from Microsoft Store, from my previous laptop that completely died some days ago. No matter what I do, it won't turn on.I bought a new Surface Laptop 5 yesterday, but I'm trying to find a way to...
  4. Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop: Hi,I had purchased a Windows 10 Professional Upgrade License for my laptop. However, the laptop's motherboard burnt out and the laptop is useless. Can someone please guide me on how I can go about getting the Win Pro Upgrade License transferred to my desktop which is running...
  5. Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop: Hi,I had purchased a Windows 10 Professional Upgrade License for my laptop. However, the laptop's motherboard burnt out and the laptop is useless. Can someone please guide me on how I can go about getting the Win Pro Upgrade License transferred to my desktop which is running...
  6. Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?: Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows Home 10. I do have the license information on my old PC Windows 10 Pro. I have a home network using Windows Server Essentials...
  7. Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Windows 10 Pro Pro Pack? License from an old laptop to a laptop with Windows...: Hello. I am buying a new laptop that comes with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old laptop originally had Windows 7 Home Premium OEM installed. Later on I installed the free Windows 10 Home upgrade. Finally, I purchased and installed Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from dead computer to current PC with Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from dead computer to current PC with Windows 10 Home: I had an old PC with a Windows 8.1 Retail License that was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro during the free upgrade window a few years ago. That computer stopped working and rather than spending money on repairing it, I bought a new computer that has Windows 10 Home...
  9. transfer the license from a dead computer

transfer the license from a dead computer: I have a windows 7 computer that had my license Mircosoft Office on it . How can I transfer it to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-the-license-from-a-dead-computer/4e07af5e-7cca-448f-b71b-b746d052624d
  10. Transfer license from the dead

Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...