Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nico89s, Apr 19, 2019.

1. nico89s Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines.

My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my Windows 7 back then.
    I do keep my product key of my Win 7, but not sure where is it now.

March 2019 I buy new laptop (let's call it 720S), pre-install with OEM Windows 10 Home.

Both my laptop is now updated to last version of Windows 10 available.

What I want to do is, transfer my Win 10 Pro license to my 720S.

I do follow some how-to do it, such as:

https://m.windowscentral.com/how-transfer-windows-10-license-new-computer-or-hard-drive

and

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windows-10-license-new-pc/

Not working, and right now my 720S is on Windows 10 Pro but not activated.

From activation menu, there's an error code 0x803F7001. Using troubleshoot option below it, it tells me:

"we found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home"

Using command 'slmgr /dlv' on CMD on my A46CB, it tells
    Product Key Channel : Retail

Partial Product Key: 3V66T
    License Status: Licensed

I use serial key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T on my 720S to change the product key. And then i found out that the serial I got from A46CB laptop was kind of generic serial key for Windows 10 Pro.

Can I still transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to my new laptop?

:)

nico89s, Apr 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Club

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home windows-10-build-9926-png.png

So I've tried the Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 9926,... So far so good i like it, it appears to already have DX12.

At list i have an old Laptop to test it on,.. it's good so far and i highly think I'll be upgrading to it day on of release.

dxdiag screen above

Protagonist, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro Another

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  4. transfer windows 10 pro to another machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 pro to another machine: Hi! I purchased Windows 10 Pro less than a year ago, but now I no longer have access to my old Alienware laptop to uninstall it there. How can I install W Pro to my new machine?...
  5. Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device: I want to know if it is possible to transfer my windows 10 pro to an other device it is an issue as it allowed me to revert to older version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-windows-10-pro-to-another-device/11d7543d-b4ca-440c-b339-1a436074792c
  6. transfer window 10 pro on another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer window 10 pro on another computer: I had buy windows 8.1 professional from amazon.in and upgrade on windows 10 on free programme of Microsoft , it possible to shift on another computer system...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another: I purchased a laptop earlier in the year that came with Windows 10 Home, and I bought Windows 10 Pro from the online store and upgraded. I've recently decided that I need a different laptop, and this one is being sold. I'd like to know if I can return this laptop to Windows...
  8. How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?

How to transfer upgrade to windows 10 pro from home to another pc?: I have read several posts here about this issue but they don't add up. I bought a windows 10 home notebook and upgraded to pro for $99. I've now decided to return that notebook. I would like to be able to use the upgrade that I've already paid on another future windows 10...
  9. Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer

Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer: I have a PC and a laptop, both were running regular Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro on the laptop, assuming I can use the benefits (particularly Hyper-V) on both computers. After some searching on the internet I found I can't do this with just one license (at...
  10. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows 10 home to another laptop