Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jake2426, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Jake2426 Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from v10 to 11 Home? I don't know if the license key stays the same when you upgrade from v10 to 11. If it does, then I assume the answer to my question is yes.If I can't then I'll buy a 10 Home laptop, transfer the Pro license and then upgrade to 11 when it becomes available. If I can, then I'll have an additional option

:)

Jake2426, Oct 25, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. dalchina Win User
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, Oct 25, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro Another

2. Transferring a Windows 11 Home license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a Windows 11 Home license to another computer: I'm going to purchase a retail Windows 10 Home license from the Microsoft website and want to install and upgrade to Windows 11 Home using the free upgrade offer.After a free update, I will have a computer with licensed Windows 11 Home. Please tell me if in this case I will...
  3. Transferring a Windows 11 Home license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a Windows 11 Home license to another computer: I'm going to purchase a retail Windows 10 Home license from the Microsoft website and want to install and upgrade to Windows 11 Home using the free upgrade offer.After a free update, I will have a computer with licensed Windows 11 Home. Please tell me if in this case I will...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 11 Home: I need to purchase a new laptop and transfer everything over. Current laptop was 10 Home which I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. I know that if I purchase a new laptop with 10 Home, I can move the Pro license key over. My question is whether you can move the Pro license key from...
  5. transfer windows 10 pro to another machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 pro to another machine: Hi! I purchased Windows 10 Pro less than a year ago, but now I no longer have access to my old Alienware laptop to uninstall it there. How can I install W Pro to my new machine?...
  6. Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device: I want to know if it is possible to transfer my windows 10 pro to an other device it is an issue as it allowed me to revert to older version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-windows-10-pro-to-another-device/11d7543d-b4ca-440c-b339-1a436074792c
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another: I purchased a laptop earlier in the year that came with Windows 10 Home, and I bought Windows 10 Pro from the online store and upgraded. I've recently decided that I need a different laptop, and this one is being sold. I'd like to know if I can return this laptop to Windows...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home: Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my...
  9. Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer

Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer: I have a PC and a laptop, both were running regular Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro on the laptop, assuming I can use the benefits (particularly Hyper-V) on both computers. After some searching on the internet I found I can't do this with just one license (at...
  10. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...