Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DonGirvin, Jan 11, 2019.

1. DonGirvin Win User

Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

Situation: I have two Laptop PC's,

1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying.

I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft

account.

2. A TOSHIBA with standard hard drive.

I want to remove the SSD from the DELL VOSTRO, transfer the license / product key to the TOSHIBA and scrap the DELL.

What is required to do this transfer?

:)

DonGirvin, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive.

Thank you

Joe

JoeBrowning1, Jan 11, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC - Similar Threads - Transfer SSD drive

2. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  3. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD: Need to replace my current SSD. Does Windows 10 come with some kind of cloning program so I can just move my copy of Windows to the new SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-windows-10-drive-to-another-ssd/8ec2f84b-6438-4ae9-b2d8-0d81f535ed0c
  4. Moving windows 10 drive to another SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  6. Transfer Windows to a another PC

Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  7. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Transferring windows 10 to another PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring windows 10 to another PC: I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow...
  9. Transfer MS Windows 10 to another PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer MS Windows 10 to another PC.: I Currently have an older Dell Inspiron 620 w/a core i3 to a HP Compaq w/a i5 processor and more memory build slots. The windows 10 files were loaded to the internal HDD via Free upgrade from original Windows 7 approx. 2 years ago. Just updated to version 1903... What will...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. swapping ssd with windows 10 to another pc