Windows 10: Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

Discus and support Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dmwyo1111, May 27, 2019.

1. dmwyo1111 Win User

Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive?

:)

dmwyo1111, May 27, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, May 27, 2019
  3. How to transfer windows 8/10 to new hard drive

I have a windows 8 installation disk with licence, I used it to build a computer.

I have since used the free upgrade to windows 10 on this computer.

I just purchased a new SSD drive that I want to install in this computer.

I am looking for step by step instructions on the best way to install or transfer windows 10 to this new drive.

Do I install the windows 8 and then upgrade to windows 10? Will I have to pay to do that? Do I need to do anything before the install? Take down the key or licence number somewhere? Where do I find that?

Any help or suggestions would be of great assistance.

Thanks.

TimRebstock, May 27, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

New hard drive...transfer everything over?

Im getting a new 250GIG SATAII hard drive, with 16mb cache.

Just like to know if there is any simple way of transferring all my old stuff on the current drive onto this new drive without too much trouble. Like is there a way of transferring the whole OS (windows XP), all the progs and stuff onto this new HDD through an image or in an easy way?

Thanks in advanced *Smile Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive :)

Cheers *Toast :toast:
    Pinchy

Pinchy, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive - Similar Threads - Transfer hard drive

2. hard drive transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hard drive transfer: can I transfer my ssd hard drive with the windows 10 home upgrade it is the retail version it is on a gateway fx 6803-25 to a new motherboard that is the gigabyte Z490 AORUS MASTER...
  3. Transfer fame files to new hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer fame files to new hard drive: Hello, i've recently bought a new pc and i wanted to move the game files from old HDD to a new one so i dont have to download the whole game again, as it takes really long time for me.. so i copied everything from steam and other libraries to a new hard drive, but i cannot...
  4. Transferring hard drive to new computer setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring hard drive to new computer setup: I remember the last time I did this, back in 2015, taking the SSD out of the old computer and putting it into the new one....Windows just refused to boot, bluescreening over and over again, and I was forced to use a fresh installation. Does Windows still do that? I've heard...
  5. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  6. Hard Drive Transfer

Hard Drive Transfer: Hello,I am finishing my first pc build and I would like to know if I can Transfer from my laptop2009ish to my new desktop my hard drive+window 10 i have install. I have a key from a paid version of win 7 installed under the free win 10 upgrade.Im guessing i just hook the HDD...
  7. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  8. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer: I bought a computer last fall and it ran great after I upgraded it into a gaming computer. The only issue that is starting to arise is that the old hard drive has started skipping and isn't running near as quickly as my other hard drives. I have a brand new barracuda 2tb hard...
  9. Transfer OS to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer OS to new hard drive: Hello, I just ordered a new Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD for my desktop and i was wondering how i could go about transferring my Windows 10 OS over along with some other software i have downloaded. I plan on combing my two hard drives into the new one, and trashing the...
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....