Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to replace my HHD drive with an SSD drive. How will I transfer Windows 10 to the new drive? Do I have to reactivate Windows 10 again? My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MacnoMW, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MacnoMW Win User

Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive

I would like to replace my HHD drive with an SSD drive. How will I transfer Windows 10 to the new drive? Do I have to reactivate Windows 10 again? My Windows 10 is an upgrade from Windows 7.

:)

MacnoMW, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive.

Thank you

Joe

JoeBrowning1, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive

Transfer Windows into a full SSD drive

I have an Alienware 17 R3 laptop with a 1 TB HDD and 128 GB SSD on Windows 10. Earlier today, I was needing to restart my laptop and when I did, it gave me the option "update and restart", so I did. Before any updates even started, the computer shut down.
    I thought this was strange but I just turned it back on to find out it wouldn't boot. I tried the repair options in the recovery menu and nothing worked, looked at forums and no suggestions worked. I ended up creating a USB installation media and reinstalled
    windows with that. The problem is that because my SSD is almost completely full, I was not able to install it on that drive and had to install it on the HDD (obviously not desirable). My SSD is filled up with the old windows installation and files, Alienware
    manufacturer programs, along with program files of programs that I am able to launch from the .exe file in the file explorer but do not show up in my program list (this includes the Alienware manufacturer programs). So my question is, what of those files,
    if any, do I need to not delete from the SSD, and then how to I transfer windows back onto the SSD? I don't mind uninstalling and deleting program files and then reinstalling them later if necessary, I just want my original functionality back.

CassidyCantrell, Aug 30, 2019
  5. Skylly
    Skylly Member
    Hi, there
    The most troublesome way to get one into your system is to physically install it, connect the right cables, and reinstall Windows from scratch and move all the files to SSD.
    There is anothet easy ways to use clone disk tool to clone hdd to SSD without reinstall OS.
    Preparation:

Before you move hdd to SSD without reinstalling OS, there are some things you need to note for these job.

Prepare an SSD as the destination disk. Please note the disk space of SSD can't be smaller than the used disk space of the source disk.
    Possess a cloning tool. In the software market, many kinds of cloning tools are provided in Google searched.
    MiniTool Partition Wizard
    MiniTool ShadowMaker
    Refer to this tutorial :Easily Migrate Windows 10 to SSD without Reinstalling OS Now!

Skylly, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive

1. Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive - Similar Threads - Transfer newer SSD

2. transfer of excel to a newer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer of excel to a newer laptop: have older pc I bought with ms word and excel any way I can transfer to new pc with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-excel-to-a-newer-laptop/ad51345c-7ace-4dbb-880c-958859968976
  3. Windows 10 transfer to same device but newer parts?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 transfer to same device but newer parts?: I have an OEM: nonslp license for windows 10, can I upgrade my motherboard and other parts and still have the same windows 10 license, or can I only upgrade everything else other than my motherboard?If it's so I need a new windows license, will I be able to just power on my...
  4. Windows 10 transfer to same device but newer parts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 transfer to same device but newer parts?: I have an OEM: nonslp license for windows 10, can I upgrade my motherboard and other parts and still have the same windows 10 license, or can I only upgrade everything else other than my motherboard?If it's so I need a new windows license, will I be able to just power on my...
  5. Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.

Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.: My computer originally washad Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 8 and finallyt to Windows 10. How can I transfer the Windows 10 to the newer and updated computer. I have the original Windows 7 CD....
  6. Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.: My computer originally washad Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 8 and finallyt to Windows 10. How can I transfer the Windows 10 to the newer and updated computer. I have the original Windows 7 CD....
  7. Transfer of windows 10 to a newer computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. transfer windows to new ssd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows to new ssd drive: I know all the hard ways to buy a new drive and jury rig my windows 10 to the new drive, etc... But what is the official way, the Microsoft way to take everything on DRIVEC OLD and move it to the new and faster DRIVEC NEW? I've used disk mirroring software and then windows...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC: Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ssd to newer ssd