Windows 10: Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License?

Discus and support Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am stumped. I have tried everything and cannot seem to transfer my Window 10 Home license from one machine to another. I am now stuck with 1 machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cmajewsk, Oct 2, 2019.

1. cmajewsk Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License?

I am stumped. I have tried everything and cannot seem to transfer my Window 10 Home license from one machine to another. I am now stuck with 1 machine that needs activation and the other has been formatted...I seems Microsoft keeps steering me to purchase a new license, why??

Below is my Original Windows 10 Home order. The purchase email has nothing except a link to my order page. There is no key or anything to type in the new machine. I have "uninstalled" the license from the old machine (slmgr /upk) but pulled the "key" with the ShowKey Plus tool, and when it said it needs to Activate Windows I thought that would free it up, but the newly built 1903 Windows Home from the Media Creation Tool is still not active, even tries the "key" I pulled. You'd think in the Microsoft Account page where my devices are where it shows Windows 10 it would allow you to activate it. It seems this is made hard on purpose (unlike O365 where you can move devices fairly easily) to extract money. I pay for Xbox Live, monthly, O365, and a few game titles here and there. You'd think Microsoft would make this easier for paying customers like us....any suggestions would be appreciated.

Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License? 8754a952-c26e-4e71-ac3a-b5b04ef33d2a?upload=true.png

Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License? f7205efe-a8a6-42b2-90cc-fdb77857d0ac?upload=true.png

:)

cmajewsk, Oct 2, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Oct 2, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License?

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License?

1. Transfer Windows 10 Windows Store Purchased License? - Similar Threads - Transfer Store Purchased

2. Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop: I have purchased a new ASUS ROG laptop that originally came with Windows 11. I upgraded the drive to a 2TB NVMe SSD, reinstalled Windows 11 then signed in with my Microsoft account. I recently tried to join it to a domain and found out that my activated copy of Windows 11 is...
  3. Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Windows 10/11 Pro license not transferring to new laptop: I have purchased a new ASUS ROG laptop that originally came with Windows 11. I upgraded the drive to a 2TB NVMe SSD, reinstalled Windows 11 then signed in with my Microsoft account. I recently tried to join it to a domain and found out that my activated copy of Windows 11 is...
  4. Windows 10 License Transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 License Transfer: Hello, I had a Retail Windows 10 License that I went ahead and transferred from one of my PC's to a new one. Windows seems fine, it states that it is activated; the issue is when I use CMD to check my License type the Retail License now says OEM. Any reason on why? I though a...
  5. purchasing windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    purchasing windows 10 license: When purchasing Windows 10 license. What is the difference between the USB and download options? I thought it was just an activation code that I am purchasing. Is this regarding how I am going to install? i.e. via rebootable USB etc?...
  6. Transferring Microsoft Store purchases

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Microsoft Store purchases: I cannot figure out how to install a game from Microsoft Store on my new PC. I'm singed in, verified my account, but when I go to the store the only option is to buy the game again, there is no download option for my already purchased games. What am I missing?...
  7. windows 10 license purchase from Microsoft store?

windows 10 license purchase from Microsoft store?: what is the purchase price for a windows 10 home 64-bit license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-purchase-from-microsoft-store/e4c58a96-a4e5-4c31-84a4-a9b6a1137323
  8. Transfer Windows 10 License?

Transfer Windows 10 License?: I’m building a new PC in a few days, and I want to know if I can use my Windows 10 key on my current computer on the new one. I’m fine with ‘deactivating’ Windows on my current computer....
  9. Windows 10 license transfer

Windows 10 license transfer: My main PC has non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise, so i wish to transfer Windows 10 license from laptop that I don't use anymore but it has Windows 10 pro. How can I transfer Windows 10 pro from a computer to another computer which already has Enterprise version of Windows?...
  10. Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store

Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store: Hello everyone, I've a Desktop (PC1) pre-installed with Win8, so it should be an OEM license which I later upgrade to Win10 Home edition. Last year I purchased Win10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store to upgrade PC1 to Pro edition so I can access remotely by RDP. As my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store license transfer

2. tranfer windows 10 pro license purshaced from the windows store