Windows 10: Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

Discus and support Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Henrik393, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Henrik393 Win User

Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old so I have bought a new PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Is it possible to transfer the Windows 11 Pro key that I bought earlier to the new computer? I don´t get that option when I open the Microsoft Store. It tells me to buy a new key.I have tried to unregister the key in the old PC.slmgr /upkslmg /cpkyThanks,

:)

Henrik393, Nov 25, 2023
  2. DaRj King Win User

I built a new computer running windows 11 home. Can I transfer my product key from my old windows 10 Pro?

How can I transfer my license to my new PC? I have verified it's a retail copy but I can't activate the product key and the upgrading hardware step doesn't list my new PC.

Do I need Windows 11 Pro or should the 10 Pro key automatically upgrade me?

How do I do this?

DaRj King, Nov 25, 2023
  3. JBryan41 Win User
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Nov 25, 2023
  4. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

Hi

Back in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.

I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.

The installation / upgrade went smooth.
    The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via email. This email does not include any product license key. And from what I have understood, this is normal when you purchase an upgrade through the store.

But it also means that I have no idea what that product key is.

For various reasons I now needed to replace my desktop with a laptop.

The new laptop came with Windows 11 Home installed on it and naturally I want to transfer my Pro upgrade to this new computer.

But even if I go in to the Microsoft Store App and go to the Windows 11 Pro Upgrade product, it only shows that I can either buy it (again) or I can select that I already have a product key, which I don't.

So how exactly can I transfer my Pro Upgrade license to my new laptop and take it off my old computer (if that is required?).

Cheers

Rickard71_852, Nov 25, 2023
Thema:

Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

1. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer - Similar Threads - Transfer Pro key

2. Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro key to a new computer: Hi,I bought a PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled OEM key I guess. I then upgraded to Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft Store.That PC is getting old so I have bought a new PC with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. Is it possible to transfer the Windows 11 Pro key that I bought...
  3. How to I transfer my Windows 11 Pro license key to a new computer?

How to I transfer my Windows 11 Pro license key to a new computer?: About 3 months ago I purchased a Windows 11 pro upgrade for my Windows 11 Home edition HP laptop. That laptop just died due hardware issues and I purchased a new ASUS laptop with Windows 11 Home edition and would like to upgrade it to the Windows 11 pro on this new laptop...
  4. Transferring windows 11 pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring windows 11 pro key: I had to exchange my laptop for a new due to a bent usb port . i had windows pro installed and i would like to transfer the key to my new laptop . The key will not activate even though I deactivated the key and removed the device from my microsoft account which was a mistake...
  5. Transferring windows 11 pro key

Transferring windows 11 pro key: I had to exchange my laptop for a new due to a bent usb port . i had windows pro installed and i would like to transfer the key to my new laptop . The key will not activate even though I deactivated the key and removed the device from my microsoft account which was a mistake...
  6. Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop: Hello,My old laptop came with windows 11 home. I purchased windows 11 pro on the store, and got the digital copy. I didn't get a product key. This laptop has issues so Dell is giving me a replacement. I would like to now transfer the windows 11 pro to it. I've unlinked this...
  7. Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop

Transfer Windows 11 Pro product key to new laptop: Hello,My old laptop came with windows 11 home. I purchased windows 11 pro on the store, and got the digital copy. I didn't get a product key. This laptop has issues so Dell is giving me a replacement. I would like to now transfer the windows 11 pro to it. I've unlinked this...
  8. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  9. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  10. transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer a Win10 Pro activation key to a new computer: I am replacing my old HP computer. Win10 Pro is an upgraded OS on this machine. I have a valid key for this OS that I would like to use with my new computer. I recently built a new machine for my wife. In the process of that I purchased a Win10 Pro disc with a separate key....