Windows 10: Transfer Windows from one PC to another

Discus and support Transfer Windows from one PC to another in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LasagnaMoan, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using Windows 10 Home on the laptop, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

:)

LasagnaMoan, Sep 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 17, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Sep 17, 2020
  4. DavidRVA Win User

Transfer Windows from one PC to another

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Windows from one PC to another

1. Transfer Windows from one PC to another - Similar Threads - Transfer another

2. Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard: My current motherboard and cpu is very old an I am thinking about replacing them... I want to know how can I transfer my current license to the new motherboard.... I have a Retail 2PC digital license and need to replace only one PC my other pc doesn't need license...
  3. Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring of Licenses from one PC to another.: Hello, I would like to transfer a Windows 10 license from on PC to another. I have purchased windows 10 home from the digital store on one of my PC's, lets call it PC1. PC1 is activated with Windows 10 Home with a "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  4. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  5. Can I transfer a Windows 10 digital license from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer a Windows 10 digital license from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft...: I have a digital retail copy of Windows 10 Professional 64bit which is currently linked to my old Hotmail account I've had for decades. Due to an ever increasing amount of spam I get I'm wanting to completely close that Hotmail account and open a new one. The problem is my...
  6. Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring a program from one PC to another... Is it possible?: Hi all, In about a week I'm going to be upgrading my PC which will mean a fresh installation of Windows. There is a specific program I have installed on my current PC that I will also need on my upgraded PC. However I don't have a backup of the installation file. I purchased...
  7. Can funds be transferred from one child account to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can funds be transferred from one child account to another: I have added funds to one child account that is no longer used, can I transfer to another account? Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  8. Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win10 HOME Key retail to another PC after upgrading to PRO retail: As the subject line states... I have 2 PCs. One with a HOME retail key and one with no key but is an older PC ... let say it currently has no OS. I want to upgrade this newer PC from HOME retail to PRO retail. I have already retrieved the HOME key and saved into a text...
  9. transferring Flight Sim 20 to another pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring Flight Sim 20 to another pc: Hi. I recently purchased downloaded flight sim onto my pc only to find out that the pc does not have the horsepower to run the game properly. I decided to upgrade my pc, but the dilemma i have is re downloading 100gb game in the remote area i live in is a once in a lifetime...
  10. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....