Windows 10: Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Discus and support Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by raoul (live.com, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if that matters. I also have a laptop to download the installation and move it to a usb to install it on the new drive. Otherwise I'd have to buy a new license which would be pretty pricey. Thanks for any help

[moved from German forums]

:)

raoul (live.com, Aug 6, 2019
  2. lsylsy1 Win User

Transfer windows 10 Pro license to new build pc

I would like to Transfer windows 10 Pro license from a most dead old PC to new build pc. Teach me how.

lsylsy1, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

1. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one - Similar Threads - Transfer license dead

2. Transfer license from a disabled PC to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license from a disabled PC to a new one: I had a license on an old computer which is disabled, it doesn't even have a PSU. I want to transfer the license to a new computer, but I'm unable to access the old device....
  3. Transfer license from a disabled PC to a new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer license from a disabled PC to a new one: I had a license on an old computer which is disabled, it doesn't even have a PSU. I want to transfer the license to a new computer, but I'm unable to access the old device....
  4. Transfer license from a disabled PC to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one: My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but...
  6. Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one: My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but...
  7. Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?: Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows Home 10. I do have the license information on my old PC Windows 10 Pro. I have a home network using Windows Server Essentials...
  8. How to Transfer Windows 10 License from a dead pc to a New one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Transfer Windows 10 License from a dead pc to a New one: How Can I Transfer my Windows 10 License from my dead pc to a New Computer. The old computer's motherboard cant repair. Can I transfer the license to another PC. I purchased Windows 10 DVD earlier. I have a serial number on it. can I re-use it ?...
  9. transfer the license from a dead computer

transfer the license from a dead computer: I have a windows 7 computer that had my license Mircosoft Office on it . How can I transfer it to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-the-license-from-a-dead-computer/4e07af5e-7cca-448f-b71b-b746d052624d
  10. Transfer license from the dead

Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...