Windows 10: Transfer Windows license to another laptop

Discus and support Transfer Windows license to another laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by prashant2063, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it is still linked to my Microsoft account.

:)

prashant2063, Mar 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

License transfering

I have an older PC with Windows 10 box license installed. I’ve recently purchased a new laptop and want to transfer this license to the new machine. Could you provide me with the steps please

PhilKoenig, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Windows license to another laptop

1. Transfer Windows license to another laptop - Similar Threads - Transfer license another

2. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  3. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  5. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  6. Transfer license to another computer

7. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  8. Transfer preinstalled windows 11 license to another laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer preinstalled windows 11 license to another laptop: My sister brought new laptop which came with windows 11 per-installed. She agreed to swap laptops with me if I can install windows 11 on my laptop.My laptop came with Ubuntu and do not have window license. It does meet with win11 hardware requirements.I will be removing...
  9. Transfer preinstalled windows 11 license to another laptop

Transfer preinstalled windows 11 license to another laptop: My sister brought new laptop which came with windows 11 per-installed. She agreed to swap laptops with me if I can install windows 11 on my laptop.My laptop came with Ubuntu and do not have window license. It does meet with win11 hardware requirements.I will be removing...
  10. Transfer license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...