Windows 10: Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

Discus and support Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 education on its m.2 ssd, so its probably an OEM license I have a sata ssd that has Windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mipster, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Mipster Win User

Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

Hello

I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 education on its m.2 ssd, so its probably an OEM license

I have a sata ssd that has Windows 10 home on it, that I added to the laptop to boot from

I want to replace my m.2 ssd with a different one with more storage, but I want to keep my Windows education because it has more features than the home edition remote control, hyper-v, etc

because it will run on the same motherboard with the same hardware except the m.2 ssd, I think the OEM license should work

but I do not know how to transfer the license, since it does not have a code and is not linked to a microsoft account

I would like to avoid formatting my sata ssd if possible

any ideas?

:)

Mipster, Apr 2, 2021

2. transfering windows 10 from sata ssd to m.2 ssd

Hello,

i just bought an M.2 NVMe SSD to speed up my games and i was wondering if windows 10 could be transfered there without being deactivated

hope to hear something soon!

SethLigthart, Apr 2, 2021
  3. GMasterLe Win User
    Booted desktop SATA SSD with laptop M.2 SSD now the desktop SSD won't work (both have windows 10 installed)

A little backstory, both SSD's have windows 10 on them with different license of course.

I wanted to read the laptop SSD as a regular drive so I can export files from, into my new desktop. I placed the laptop ssd into the desktop while it was running, but there was nothing to be found in disk management, so i rebooted.

After rebooting, i unexpectedly found that it booted into my laptop's windows with it's SSD as C: , instead of my desktop's.

I then copied the files i needed from my laptop's ssd into a third formatted ssd and proceeded to attempt to reboot into my desktop's windows with the original SATA ssd.

Now my original windows on the SATA ssd wont boot and is stuck on automatic repair loop, while booting from my laptop's m.2 windows and SSD works perfectly fine.

I need to boot from my original SATA ssd because I wont be needing my m.2 laptop SSD.

I have an ASROCK B450M/ac motherboard

(You might suspect that windows dual boot have replaced the boot files of the first drive, and now it depends on the second drive to boot, but even with the second drive in, the windows on the first drive still wont boot. I can still access all the data
    in my SATA SSD through my m.2 ssd's windows).

GMasterLe, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

1. Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd - Similar Threads - Transfer OEM license

2. Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD: Recently I bought m.2 SSD and want to install in my laptop. I don't know the exact procedure of it. I want to make m.2 SSD a system drive or drive c without losing any data. How can i shift windows 10 operating system from HDD to m.2 SSD safely with all files?...
  3. Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...: So as the title suggests, I'm wanting to transfer my Windows 10 OS from my already connected SATA SSD to a new and larger M.2 SSD that I'm installing. I have around 500gb of data on the old (SATA) SSD, but the only thing I want to transfer is the OS. Is there a way to retain...
  4. Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2: I need some help with transferring Windows 10 64-Bit to my M.2 Drive... So where do I start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-windows-10-from-a-hhd-to-an-ssd-m2/777554b7-4bfd-49a8-98f7-55ddf37dd194
  5. Windows from SSD to M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows from SSD to M.2: I got a m.2 Corsair MP510 480GB fore Christmas and i want to transfer the windows os from the ssd to the m.2... Some tips on yt tutorials or programs?? submitted by /u/Fiffty_five [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewqm64/windows_from_ssd_to_m2/
  6. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  7. M.2 ssd's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  8. m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Support
    m.2 ssd: Hi all can you clone a ssd to a m.2 ssd, making the m.2 ssd the boot drive? 68728
  9. M.2 or sata ssd

M.2 or sata ssd: Hi all i need to ask i have a z170ar motherboard . ok here it is i have 6 sata port 5 are used sata 1 is the c drive sata 2 empty 3 4 5 6 are other drives they say the m.2 uses sata so if i install the m.2 i well lose sata 1 and 2 ports because its shared. so my question...
  10. M.2 ssd

M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...