Windows 10: Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

Discus and support Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 education on its m.2 ssd, so its probably an OEM license I have a sata ssd that has Windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mipster, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Mipster Win User

Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

Hello

I have a laptop that came with Windows 10 education on its m.2 ssd, so its probably an OEM license

I have a sata ssd that has Windows 10 home on it, that I added to the laptop to boot from

I want to replace my m.2 ssd with a different one with more storage, but I want to keep my Windows education because it has more features than the home edition remote control, hyper-v, etc

because it will run on the same motherboard with the same hardware except the m.2 ssd, I think the OEM license should work

but I do not know how to transfer the license, since it does not have a code and is not linked to a microsoft account

I would like to avoid formatting my sata ssd if possible

any ideas?

:)

Mipster, Apr 2, 2021

2. transfering windows 10 from sata ssd to m.2 ssd

Hello,

i just bought an M.2 NVMe SSD to speed up my games and i was wondering if windows 10 could be transfered there without being deactivated

hope to hear something soon!

SethLigthart, Apr 2, 2021
  3. GMasterLe Win User
    Booted desktop SATA SSD with laptop M.2 SSD now the desktop SSD won't work (both have windows 10 installed)

A little backstory, both SSD's have windows 10 on them with different license of course.

I wanted to read the laptop SSD as a regular drive so I can export files from, into my new desktop. I placed the laptop ssd into the desktop while it was running, but there was nothing to be found in disk management, so i rebooted.

After rebooting, i unexpectedly found that it booted into my laptop's windows with it's SSD as C: , instead of my desktop's.

I then copied the files i needed from my laptop's ssd into a third formatted ssd and proceeded to attempt to reboot into my desktop's windows with the original SATA ssd.

Now my original windows on the SATA ssd wont boot and is stuck on automatic repair loop, while booting from my laptop's m.2 windows and SSD works perfectly fine.

I need to boot from my original SATA ssd because I wont be needing my m.2 laptop SSD.

I have an ASROCK B450M/ac motherboard

(You might suspect that windows dual boot have replaced the boot files of the first drive, and now it depends on the second drive to boot, but even with the second drive in, the windows on the first drive still wont boot. I can still access all the data
    in my SATA SSD through my m.2 ssd's windows).

GMasterLe, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd

1. Transfer Windows OEM license from m.2 ssd to sata ssd - Similar Threads - Transfer OEM license

2. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?: Just built a new PC for the company I work for. It has two hard drives, a SATA SSD and an M.2 SSD. They have an IT company who is in charge of installing windows and network setup and the guy installed Windows 10 to the SATA instead of the M.2. I tried to switch this using...
  3. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?: Just built a new PC for the company I work for. It has two hard drives, a SATA SSD and an M.2 SSD. They have an IT company who is in charge of installing windows and network setup and the guy installed Windows 10 to the SATA instead of the M.2. I tried to switch this using...
  4. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD: As the title says, I want to transfer windows from my HDD to the SSD I'm going to add so that boot times and stuff doesn't take forever. I really don't care about losing data/apps/documents that are in the HDD, I just want to transfer Windows to the SSD and I'll start from...
  6. How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD

How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD: As the title says, I want to transfer windows from my HDD to the SSD I'm going to add so that boot times and stuff doesn't take forever. I really don't care about losing data/apps/documents that are in the HDD, I just want to transfer Windows to the SSD and I'll start from...
  7. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  8. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  9. Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...: So as the title suggests, I'm wanting to transfer my Windows 10 OS from my already connected SATA SSD to a new and larger M.2 SSD that I'm installing. I have around 500gb of data on the old (SATA) SSD, but the only thing I want to transfer is the OS. Is there a way to retain...
  10. M.2 or sata ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    M.2 or sata ssd: Hi all i need to ask i have a z170ar motherboard . ok here it is i have 6 sata port 5 are used sata 1 is the c drive sata 2 empty 3 4 5 6 are other drives they say the m.2 uses sata so if i install the m.2 i well lose sata 1 and 2 ports because its shared. so my question...