Windows 10: Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Discus and support Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GergelyLékó-Rózsa, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Hi,

I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall the OS completely and log in on this laptop, no new activation is needed. This is fine. But soon I will buy a new laptop, and when it happens, someone else would like to use this laptop in my family. This would mean that I would reinstall windows, and the new owner would like to login with his/her user account.

So my question is: what will happen? I would hope and expect that windows would activate with the new account on the very same machine without any serious problems. Is my assumption right? Is there anything extra I have to do in case of this kind of user change?

Thanks in advance!

//Gergely

:)

GergelyLékó-Rózsa, Jun 4, 2019

2. The prosecution and penalty for the transfer of an OEM license.

On the Internet, I have seen cases of transfer of OEM licenses after motherboard change.
    Assuming an OEM user has successfully transferred the license via Activation Troubleshooter, is it possible for Microsoft to prosecute them in the future? Does the OEM license agreement mention a relevant penalty?

Matthew Wai, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Transferring OEM licenses between PC's

OEM versions of Windows are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

That means, the computer with the OEM license has not transfer rights.

Resources:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

Andre Da Costa, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

1. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile - Similar Threads - Transfer OEM license

2. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  3. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  5. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  6. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

Transfer Windows license to another laptop: I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it...
  8. Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?: I am planning to install Ubuntu on my laptop that currently runs of windows 10 OEM. Is it legal to tranfser this license to another laptop which I own/use? If yes how can I do that?...
  9. Transfer license to another account

Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...
  10. How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Transfer User Profile to Another User: Is there a way to create a new users account on the same PC such that it will have access to the same program and document files as an existing users account? Local Users Administrator, DISABLED, Member of Administrators DefaultAccount , DISABLED, Member of Users Guest,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i transfer my copy of office to a different microsoft live account?

2. transfer windows license to another user