Windows 10: Transfer Windows OS to new owner.

Discus and support Transfer Windows OS to new owner. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to gift a PC to another person. How do I transfer the OS software to the new owner?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robcdna, Oct 22, 2019.

1. robcdna Win User

Transfer Windows OS to new owner.

I want to gift a PC to another person. How do I transfer the OS software to the new owner?

:)

robcdna, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Devils41 Win User

Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Oct 22, 2019
  3. jacobacci Win User
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021.
    Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner.
    Can someone enlighten me how to achieve this?
    Thanks a lot

jacobacci, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Transfer Windows OS to new owner.

transfer windows 10 to new owner

I was given a desktop PC with windows 10 and wish to transfer the license to me from the previous owner.

What is the best way to accomplish this.

Edmund Hamel, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Windows OS to new owner.

1. Transfer Windows OS to new owner. - Similar Threads - Transfer owner

2. Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 PRO digital license bought from Microsoft Store to new owner.: So, I bought a used laptop. Originally, it came with Windows 10 HOME, but the previous owner bought the Windows 10 PRO upgrade for it from the Microsoft Store. That apparently only comes with a digital license tied to the previous owner's Microsoft account. It has no PRO...
  3. Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner

Transferring Home and Student to a different computer owner: I gave away my computer to someone who really needed it. I did not uninstall the software for it. I now realize I might have made a mistake as I was assuming he would be able to get the updates for it. However, the software is connected to my Microsoft account. So am I...
  4. Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?

Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?: My sister has a Windows 10 PC she is giving to my nephew and we are trying to figure out how to get the licence in his name? I need to do a full reinstall but with the licence tied to my sisters account how would I do it? It was a Windows 7 till she did the free upgrade. I...
  5. Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling PC and transferring Windows 10 license to new owner: I have an Asus desktop that can with Windows 7 license and took advantage of the free upgrade. From memory I went from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Then upgraded to 10 Pro. I've wiped the PC clean and removed it from my Microsoft account in the device management page of my...
  6. Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?

Will Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to new Owner?: I have system that I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft OS upgrade process. (The Home license was Retail and not OEM.) So I believe the Pro license is associated to my Microsoft account. I want to sell the system and transfer all rights...
  7. Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner: In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021. Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner. Can...
  8. Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfer owners of Windows 10 machine: I have a problem with a small company that has been sold. All six machines in the office were first created with the boss's personal email account. He sold the company but the Microsoft account used by Windows 10 belongs to the old boss. How do we change the Microsoft...
  9. Transferring Office 365/Onedrive after death of owner

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferring Office 365/Onedrive after death of owner: My father recently died. He helpfully left details of his passwords so the family could access his computer files, including his MS office365 personal/onedrive account. I am now trying to set things up in my mothers name so she can continue to access this info/facilities...
  10. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner: I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my Outlook.com ID for install/managing the PC. I now want to sell the PC. It will be reset to factory, which is Windows 10 Home. How...