Windows 10: Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot

Discus and support Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All and thank you in advance for your help. I recently got a Mac and before I could transfer everything my PC kicked rocks and I desperately need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RossHartman, May 24, 2020.

1. Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot

Hello All and thank you in advance for your help. I recently got a Mac and before I could transfer everything my PC kicked rocks and I desperately need windows on my Mac to run a software that I use for my work. I did do a Carbonite backup from my PC which I can access online but don't know how to install windows onto the new Mac from that. Any help would be appreciated!!

:)

RossHartman, May 24, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 24, 2020
  3. transfer storage

Hi,

There are many reasons why you run into this error when transferring your backup files from a Mac hard drive to a Windows 10 computer. For us to isolate the issue further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Have you formatted the hard drive prior to transferring the backup files?

Just a heads up, if the Mac hard drive was not formatted before using it with a Windows 10 PC, it has been suggested to some users to obtain a third party software to be able to access a Mac-formatted drive in File Explorer on your computer. This is not
    advisable to some due to the fact that there are some programs that won't run the files in the same manner.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 24, 2020
  4. Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot

1. Transfer Windows to a Mac but old PC Hard Drive is shot - Similar Threads - Transfer Mac old

2. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  3. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  4. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. hard drive transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hard drive transfer: can I transfer my ssd hard drive with the windows 10 home upgrade it is the retail version it is on a gateway fx 6803-25 to a new motherboard that is the gigabyte Z490 AORUS MASTER...
  6. Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive: Not sure if this is the right place, but dk where else to ask. I got a new external hard-drive and I'm trying to transfer the stuff from my old one, but having a very difficult time. I tried googling my problem and saw others with a similar problem, and apparently there's an...
  7. PC Hard-drive Information Transfer to External Hard-drive

PC Hard-drive Information Transfer to External Hard-drive: The drive that is in my PC has filled up, so i ordered a new external hard drive but im unsure of how to get some apps onto this drive and to have my computer start to put information onto this external drive....
  8. Hard Drive Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Transfer: Hello,I am finishing my first pc build and I would like to know if I can Transfer from my laptop2009ish to my new desktop my hard drive+window 10 i have install. I have a key from a paid version of win 7 installed under the free win 10 upgrade.Im guessing i just hook the HDD...
  9. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....