Windows 10: transfer windows to new ssd drive

Discus and support transfer windows to new ssd drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know all the hard ways to buy a new drive and jury rig my windows 10 to the new drive, etc... But what is the official way, the Microsoft way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillAgreste, Oct 3, 2019.

1. transfer windows to new ssd drive

I know all the hard ways to buy a new drive and jury rig my windows 10 to the new drive, etc... But what is the official way, the Microsoft way to take everything on DRIVEC OLD and move it to the new and faster DRIVEC NEW? I've used disk mirroring software and then windows recovery for it to be made bootable but there has to be a clean way, yes?

Microsoft must understand that SSD drives need to be replaced after so many writes and this does not mean I want a new virgin start over!

Thanks in advance....

:)

BillAgreste, Oct 3, 2019

2. new ssd drive

bought ssd drive for dell 3521, need tips on transferring windows and operating system to new drive,

William Dell3521, Oct 3, 2019
  3. How to transfer windows 8/10 to new hard drive

I have a windows 8 installation disk with licence, I used it to build a computer.

I have since used the free upgrade to windows 10 on this computer.

I just purchased a new SSD drive that I want to install in this computer.

I am looking for step by step instructions on the best way to install or transfer windows 10 to this new drive.

Do I install the windows 8 and then upgrade to windows 10? Will I have to pay to do that? Do I need to do anything before the install? Take down the key or licence number somewhere? Where do I find that?

Any help or suggestions would be of great assistance.

Thanks.

TimRebstock, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Devils41 Win User

transfer windows to new ssd drive

Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

transfer windows to new ssd drive

1. transfer windows to new ssd drive - Similar Threads - transfer ssd drive

2. Transferring activated windows to new ssd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring activated windows to new ssd.: I just bought a laptop with official windows homesingle language in buildOEM key, but the problem is that the laptop has HDD, and working on HDD is like taking a hell of a lot of time. I have thought to upgrade to Nvme SSD. So now the question is how can I reinstall my...
  3. Transferred Windows to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferred Windows to new SSD: So I have 2 HDD and a new M.2 and I used one for years for Windows but I just got the M.2 and transferred windows 10 to it. All my hard drives are working but I cant figure out how to access any of my programs like Chrome and my old pictures. How do access them with out...
  4. Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after transferring C: OS SSD Drive to new SSD: I bought a new Samsung 860 pro 256gb. ssd to transfer everything from my main/OS drive to it since the drive is pretty old and, I've already had one drive just like it go bad and it was actually a little newer. First off, I just put the new drive in my Kingston docking bay...
  5. Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD

Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD: I have a old HDD that has windows 10 and I have got a whole new pc but that is the only piece I brought over from my old set up to keep windows 10, I purchased a SSD and heard that I have if I have my windows 10 connected to my Microsoft account there was a way to transfer...
  6. Transfering SSD with Windows 10 to new PC

Transfering SSD with Windows 10 to new PC: My Hp Probook 470 G4 recently stopped working. I would be able to easily take out the m.2 drive. Now I'd like to ask if it's possible to transfer the drive with the data on it into a new system. I read that the license wouldn't transfer. Would I be able to just buy another...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive

Transfer Windows 10 to newer SSD drive: I would like to replace my HHD drive with an SSD drive. How will I transfer Windows 10 to the new drive? Do I have to reactivate Windows 10 again? My Windows 10 is an upgrade from Windows 7....
  8. Transferring windows 10 education to a new ssd

Transferring windows 10 education to a new ssd: I received a free windows 10 education key from the college I go to for personal/school use. I used said key to activate a copy of windows 10 on my home computer, I recently bought a faster ssd and want to switch my OS to the new ssd. The issue is that I am unable to log in...
  9. Transfer SSD to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer SSD to new laptop: My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to transfer my existing...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8