Windows 10: Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own

Discus and support Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I created my X-box live gamer tag when I was a teenager under my mom's Microsoft account however now that I'm an adult and living on my own I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlecBuxton, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own

Hi,

I created my X-box live gamer tag when I was a teenager under my mom's Microsoft account however now that I'm an adult and living on my own I have my own Microsoft account I'd like to transfer it to so I don't need to bother her every time I need to do something to the account like update payment information. How can I go about doing this?

To be clear, I don't want to just change the email because my mom still uses her account for other things and I already have my own Microsoft account. I need to actually transfer my X-box live gamer tag to my personal Microsoft account.

:)

AlecBuxton, Apr 25, 2020

2. Transferring my xbox live account to a different microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to transfer your xbox live account to a different microsoft account. I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article mentioned below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Move your Xbox Live profile to another Microsoft account on Xbox 360

Be able to transfer an entire Xbox Live account to a new email/Microsoft
    account

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 25, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Strips Xbox Live Gamertags of Confirmed Cheaters

Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb wrote on his blog today, that the Xbox Live Gamertags of confirmed cheaters have been corrected. He explained what his team is doing to the accounts of the most serious offenders:
    • Resetting the entire Gamerscore for an account to zero
    • The account will be unable to regain all previously obtained achievements and Gamerscore, however, the players will have the ability to gain future Achievements by earning them fairly, like the majority of the Xbox LIVE community does.
    • The account will be clearly labeled as a cheater for the community to view on xbox.com. In dash, the personal view of the gamercard will be labeled as well.
    "Xbox Live remains committed to keeping the service free of cheating in order to maintain a fair and level playing field for everyone," Hyrb wrote. To find out more about Gamerscore corrections read the FAQ on Xbox.com.

Source: Xbox Live's Major Nelson

malware, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Graekon Win User

Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own

Transfer gamertag from one Microsoft account to another without using an Xbox 360

Questions similar to mine are from 2013 and the answer links are no longer valid.

I have the following:

• Microsoft account A with Xbox gamertag A.
    • Microsoft account B with Xbox gamertag B.
    I do not have the following at this time:

• Access to an XBox
    • Access to an XBox 360
    • Access to an XBox One

Background:

Microsoft account A was created from an old Hotmail account. The Games for Windows Live account associated with the Hotmail account became my XBox account.

I have since created Microsoft account B to use primarily with Windows 10, Skype, etc. I created XBox gamertag B by mistake because I thought that linking the accounts would be similar to linking my Skype account with Microsoft account B.

Desired end result:

I would like Microsoft account B to be associated with XBox gamertag A. Is this able to be achieved without using an XBox? If so, how?

I am basically reviving this thread:

Switching Gamertags without an XBOX 360

Graekon, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own

1. Transfer Xbox Live Gamertag from my Mom's Microsoft account to my own - Similar Threads - Transfer Xbox Live

2. my moms microsoft account is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my moms microsoft account is locked: my mom has had her microsoft account since 1995she said that in the last few months it asked her to change her PW and it has been asking her to verify her self over and overso this last time she made me do it, i wanted to change her pw, and then her recovery email, as its an...
  3. my moms microsoft account is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my moms microsoft account is locked: my mom has had her microsoft account since 1995she said that in the last few months it asked her to change her PW and it has been asking her to verify her self over and overso this last time she made me do it, i wanted to change her pw, and then her recovery email, as its an...
  4. REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OR DELETE Xbox gamertag associated with windows account: I do not play xbox. I have no desire to play xbox. I did not request this gamertag or approve it being made for me. I have no desire to change my gamertag name. I want to REMOVE ALL ASSOCIATION from the gamertag. I DO NOT want suggestions on how to switch it or hide it or...
  5. transfer microsoft balance from child account to my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    transfer microsoft balance from child account to my account: Hello, Please help me with this issue. I've tried to put some money in my microsoft account for my son to buy vbucks. I don't know how, but the money are in his account and not in my account where he play the game. The 2 accounts are under a family account. Can you give me...
  6. My mom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mom: Is in prison https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mom/7cb961b7-6625-4ea0-9d3e-f890c1e86e93
  7. Trying To Remove Admin From My Mom's Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying To Remove Admin From My Mom's Account: So my mom gave herself admin on my computer and i am trying to download games but it doesn't let me because it says i need her password how could i remove her admin away from her?...
  8. Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change my own Xbox Live account's privacy settings: Hello! My name is Stas,and I've got some problem I want you to help me with. Not so long ago I bought Minecraft Bedrock edition (For Windows 10). I played it for a while,then i decided my friend to play with me.I logged into my Xbox Live account in Minecraft and tried to go...
  9. Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamertag linked to my account disappeared.: I signed into my account with all my progress and games on it with the game pass, then I went to play a game and it asked to write a gamertag for me to be shown with. So I wrote a possible gamertag after trying my own and it said it was taken. Now all progress has...
  10. Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child: Has there been any progress on this apparently long-standing issue with the fact that many children start their XBox experience using their parents Microsoft Account, but ultimately need to have their own as they enter their teenage years (without losing their gaming...