Windows 10: Transfered harddrive w/ win 10 OS - Cannot validate

Discus and support Transfered harddrive w/ win 10 OS - Cannot validate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently moved my harddrive from a prebuilt computer I was using, to a new custom one I made myself. Because the original computer was prebuilt I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Theoremine, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Transfered harddrive w/ win 10 OS - Cannot validate

I recently moved my harddrive from a prebuilt computer I was using, to a new custom one I made myself. Because the original computer was prebuilt I never had a key. When I try to follow the "I changed hardware on this device recently" option in the trouble-shooter, it says the servers are not available, but this error has been the same since yesterday. I would appreciated any help or guidance I can get, since I have never done this before.

:)

Theoremine, Aug 16, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Aug 16, 2019
  3. xpac5896 Win User
    Transfer OS from 512 to 1tb SSD

I'm in the process of building a new rig. I would like to transfer the OS from my current 512 SSD to a 1tb SSD. My Os is already linked to my MS account and I printed out the steps about using the troubleshooter after a significant hardware change. The Question is: Can I clone the 512 to the 1tb or does it require a clean install? OS is Win 10 Pro.

xpac5896, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Devils41 Win User

Transfered harddrive w/ win 10 OS - Cannot validate

Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Transfered harddrive w/ win 10 OS - Cannot validate

1. Transfered harddrive w/ win 10 OS - Cannot validate - Similar Threads - Transfered harddrive Cannot

2. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching os to different harddrive: I have win10 installed on the hdd in my laptop and I want to reinstall it to the ssd. Can I just reinstall and can I just delete the other copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-to-different-harddrive/5838e501-dd0d-44ab-af43-849d4e169f7b
  3. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching os to different harddrive: I have win10 installed on the hdd in my laptop and I want to reinstall it to the ssd. Can I just reinstall and can I just delete the other copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-to-different-harddrive/5838e501-dd0d-44ab-af43-849d4e169f7b
  4. Switching os to different harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OS Transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS Transfer: Im planning to buy a new laptop without OS. Can I transfer it from my old laptop? It has win 10 home, which I got when updated it from win 7(or 8). submitted by /u/WolfixHD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0rbdm/os_transfer/
  6. how to transfer harddrive to ssd

how to transfer harddrive to ssd: how to transfer harddrive to ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-harddrive-to-ssd/53cccb77-19d4-442f-bf86-ef36fadd887d
  7. Transferring OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring OS: Hey all, Today I bought an SSD to put in my desktop and want to transfer my OS over to the SSD from the HDD so I can use the HDD purely for storage. Is there any way to do this without downloading third party software?...
  8. windows 10 transfer OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 transfer OS: can I transfer my copy of windows 10 pro digital license to a new system as I am going to have to change my motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-transfer-os/836eb992-ad01-484d-a4d3-04c4e2259228"
  9. transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files from win 7 os to win 10 os via a utililty how can this be done?: my first computer was a windows 7 with backup monthly even weekly but after a couple of years I can't access the files and pictures also music files I would like to transfer these files to my new computer with windows 10 OS and I need help * Moved from Edge...
  10. Windows 10 transfer OS

Windows 10 transfer OS: I want to use an ssd as my boot drive for my laptop because my current hdd is way too slow, however I am not sure how should I transfer the OS from hdd to ssd. I have thought of multiple way but I can't decide. I have 32 gb flash drive FAT32 file system, if that is any...