Windows 10: Transfered hdd with windows on it and cant activate.

Discus and support Transfered hdd with windows on it and cant activate. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i moved windows 10 on my old laptops ssd to a different laptop which previously had windows 8 on it and now windows 10 is saying that the product isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mattpwns1234, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Transfered hdd with windows on it and cant activate.

i moved windows 10 on my old laptops ssd to a different laptop which previously had windows 8 on it and now windows 10 is saying that the product isn't activated. is there any way i can get windows 10 on the new machine activated without having to purchase a product key?

:)

mattpwns1234, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Transfered hdd with windows on it and cant activate.

Transfer free Windows 10 Preview 10240 from HDD to a new SSD

I've acquired the free Windows 10 licence from Insider program. I don't have neither Windows 7 or 8 licence. System is installed on my spare and slow HDD.

• Can I transfer or reinstall Windows 10 on my main HDD or on a new SSD? Will the system activate properly after clone or reinstall?
    • Where I can find the product key which were given to the preview members?

radzioradzio, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Transfered hdd with windows on it and cant activate.

1. Transfered hdd with windows on it and cant activate. - Similar Threads - Transfered hdd cant

2. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  3. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  4. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HDD Transfer: I have a pc with a hard drive that have windows 7 installed on it. I also have a pc with windows 10 Pro installed in it. The windows 10 pro PC's motherboard got damaged. So i thought of removing the windows 7 PC's HDD and put the HDD that has windows 10 pro installed on it...
  6. Window transfer - HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window transfer - HDD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I want to upgrade my 4yr old laptop's drive from HDD to SSD as it will improve my systems performance. I want to install a fresh Window 10 on SSD but unable to find my 'Window key' currently using window 10. Is there any way through which I can make...
  7. WINDOWS 10 HDD TRANSFER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 HDD TRANSFER: while i was moving file to an external hdd from my windows 10 laptop it suddenly disconnect and reconnect. does the file other than the one i moved risk being corrupted?...
  8. Windows activation transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation transfer: I have an old desktop running Windows 10 Pro (Activated by windows 7 pro licence key (The licence key was upgraded to 10)) and a new laptop running windows 10 Home I want to switch them or just upgrade the laptop to pro. What do I do? I won't be using the desktop as its...
  9. Transfer SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer SSD to HDD: Is it possible to transfer all the data from my SSD to my HDD? I've been looking for a way to this, but haven't found a way to do so. submitted by /u/Sl0thZombi3s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpzv4w/transfer_ssd_to_hdd/
  10. Transfer HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer HDD: I am upgrading my mobo from an Amd b350 to a x470. Since the oem key is tied to the mobo, do I just need a new key so that I can use the same HDD which has windows 10 pro and all my steam games onto the new mobo?/...