Windows 10: Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change

Discus and support Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am about to upgrade my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and want to wipe all of my drives and just start from scratch. I have a Windows Install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AhrenBuhmann, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change

Hello,

I am about to upgrade my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and want to wipe all of my drives and just start from scratch. I have a Windows Install Dongle ready to reinstall windows, but I just want to make sure I can activate it once I am there.

I don't have a product key, it says that there is a digital license that is attached to my MS account, and when I log into MS, I can see my desktop there.

Are there steps I need to take to make sure I can use that same license to reactivate windows after my hardware change and reinstall?

This seem overly complicated.

Thanks.

:)

AhrenBuhmann, Mar 25, 2021

2. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Mar 25, 2021
  3. TomPinkin Win User
    New motherboard, CPU SSD drives and fresh Win 10 Home install.

My old motherboard with Win 10 Pro (upgraded from 7) died and I just replaced it with a new motherboard, processor (AMD), new M12 SSD, new SATA SSD and fresh install of new Win 10 Home on the M12 SSD. I also have two SATA HDD drives installed from the
    original configuration with all of my original installed programs. Will I have to reinstall all of the original programs or can I edit the registry to point to the HDD location and run the original programs?

TomPinkin, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Morgoth Win User

Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change

Windows 7 SSD fresh install

i have an issue, i did a fresh instal of windows 7 and it seems to be taking up allready 50 gb's of space on my ssd :S tough windows folder it self states it only uses 13gb
    and i have no other programs installed why is this taking up so mutch space
    and how can i change my documents to a differend driver letter?

Morgoth, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change

1. Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change - Similar Threads - Transfering Fresh Install

2. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Install of Windows 11 on a new SSD: I'm in the middle of updating some hardware on my pc, and after installing windows on my new ssd, i cant seem to use windows 11 pro anymore. so i need to deactivate it on my old boot drive to use it?...
  4. Windows transfer to new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows transfer to new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard as it was a good deal during black friday/cyber monday sales. I'm trying to use my product key that I've been using for my past 3 computers now, but currently it doesn't work and said my product key is not valid. My product key is a OEM key...
  5. Windows transfer to new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows transfer to new motherboard: I recently upgraded my motherboard as it was a good deal during black friday/cyber monday sales. I'm trying to use my product key that I've been using for my past 3 computers now, but currently it doesn't work and said my product key is not valid. My product key is a OEM key...
  6. Windows transfer to new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Drivers is missing after fresh installation of Windows in New ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers is missing after fresh installation of Windows in New ssd: hi, after fresh installation of windows DVD/CD driver is missing in my laptop. How to download drivers, and how to check, weather my laptop is detecting the CD/DVD hardware..? thank you, krishna....
  8. Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preforming a fresh installation of windows on a new ssd: I would like to get an ssd to house my OS and keep my large files and games on my current hdd. Instead of cloning the hdd, as it would be larger than the ssd. I would like to just install windows on the new drive but then does having two drives with windows installed conflict...
  9. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install: Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having...
  10. New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot: Hey everyone, so I just installed an MSI Z170A 1151 M3 motherboard with an i7 6700k CPU. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 pro x64 on an SSD and am running into a problem. The process goes something like this: Boot into BIOS Changed boot order to SSD > Flash Drive >...