Windows 10: Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC

Discus and support Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU. I read a bit about the licensing stuff before I upgraded and came to the conclusion that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chesters.cz, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU. I read a bit about the licensing stuff before I upgraded and came to the conclusion that my license is connected to my Microsoft account and that the troubleshoot option will fix my problem. The problem is it didn't and after consulting with the virtual agent, I have to "talk to a real person." So here I am.

Can anyone help me out here? I don't want to call the toll-free hotline, because it has a different format than we use in this country (it uses 800 XXX XXXX instead of 800 XXX XXX) and I'm afraid I will pay for an international call.

Thanks in advance,

Vít Bezouška

:)

Chesters.cz, Jun 2, 2019
  2. NayAung Win User

Windows 10 Pro licence transfer to another PC

My current desktop PC has Windows 10 Pro installed. It was upgraded from its predecessor, Windows 7 Pro. However, it will be scrapped soon as I'm building a gaming PC now.

How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro to my new gaming PC? What are the technical steps as Win 10 doesn't seem to have the licence key?

Thank you.

NayAung, Jun 2, 2019
  3. W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?

I think anybody determined enough to pirate Windows 10 will do so regardless of the measures implemented by Microsoft.

If I buy Windows 10 in a shop I'll get a product key. Why should the upgrade be any different? Perhaps Microsoft could think about connecting the licence to your Microsoft account. That would seem a more practical anti-piracy measure to me...

1. Register with Microsoft for free Windows 10 upgrade.
    2. Provide evidence that you are a current legit Windows 7/8/8.1 user.
    3. Choose a Microsoft account to use with Windows 10.
    4. Download Windows 10 from Microsoft.
    5. Clean install Windows 10 to computer.
    6. Activate via Microsoft account.
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 when transferring to new computer.

I realise there will be people who prefer not to use a Microsoft account but I'd be more than happy with that arrangement.

wiggly1uk2000, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC

W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?

On the contrary, I'd rather not have to think about it at all! It ought to be this simple...

1. Register with Microsoft for free Windows 10 upgrade.
    2. Provide evidence that you are a current legit Windows 7/8/8.1 user.
    3. Receive a new Windows 10 product key.
    4. Download Windows 10 from Microsoft.
    5. Clean install Windows 10 to computer.
    6. Use new key to activate.
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 when transferring to new computer.

I really don't understand why it needs to be any harder than that!

wiggly1uk2000, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC

1. Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC - Similar Threads - Transfering licence upgraded

2. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  3. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  4. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer of Licence.

Transfer of Licence.: I had Windows 7 Home in my PC , now after formatting in April 2021, I am unable to activate the the same, Microsoft does not have any support for Win 7.Now I am thinking to Purchase Window 10 Home, but worried for the reason, if after some time my PC breakdown and I need to...
  6. licence transfer

licence transfer: Can i transfer my win 10 digital licence to a new self-build pc... how can i check if i can do that with my current licence? ive ordered a a new mobo, processor, ram, gfx, Hdd, SSD...
  7. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence: My Dell laptop has died. It was originally supplied with a Windows 8 Home OEM licence, upgraded to Windows 10 Home then I bought a license to upgrade to the Pro version. I need to buy a new laptop which will come with a Windows 10 Home licence. Can I reuse the Pro upgrade...
  8. Can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade licence to new PC build?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade licence to new PC build?: I am sure this question has been asked before, but the answer to it seems really complicated and seems to change depending on the exact situation. My situation is this, I have had the same PC since 2012, on to which I installed Windows 7 Pro from a store bought DVD with OEM...
  9. W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?

W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?: Hi everyone, I've searched for a clear answer to this question but (to me at least) the situation still seems a bit uncertain. Here's the scenario... I upgrade my WIndows 8.1 retail licence to Windows 10 on my current PC. Windows 10 is thus activated on my current PC...
  10. Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transferring Outlook 365 licence to new pc: Hi All, I recently bought a new pc as my old one is dying! The first thing I wanted to do was get my email up and running on the new pc so I exported my Outlook (365) data on the old one to a .pst file. So far so good. On my new machine I accessed the Office 365 site and...