Windows 10: transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive

Discus and support transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; the C-Drive is the one i have windows installed onmy current pc has 2 hard drives and the pc i am about to get has only one.a bunch of programs have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fleisch11, Jul 7, 2021.

1. fleisch11 Win User

transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive

the C-Drive is the one i have windows installed onmy current pc has 2 hard drives and the pc i am about to get has only one.a bunch of programs have the program installed on the D-Drive while the config/save files are on the C-Drive.because copying everything takes for ever over 1TB of data, I want to do as few attempts as possible.so I'd like to know, if there is some specific thing i need to do, or if it'll be no problem at all.

:)

fleisch11, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive - Similar Threads - transfering files hard

2. hard drive transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hard drive transfer: can I transfer my ssd hard drive with the windows 10 home upgrade it is the retail version it is on a gateway fx 6803-25 to a new motherboard that is the gigabyte Z490 AORUS MASTER...
  3. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  4. Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to transfer files to and from external hard drives: My HP laptop is unable to modify or transfer files from external hard drives. It says i need permission to access the folders so i changed the ownership and reset the permissions of the files and it still didn't work. I also tried formatting the hard drives but it didn't...
  5. How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer all data from hard drive to another?: I am upgrading from hard drive to ssd, how can i transfer ALL my data/ files/ games? Do i just plug them both in and copy paste? submitted by /u/icantchoosename123 [link] [comments]...
  6. Hard Drive Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive Transfer: Hello,I am finishing my first pc build and I would like to know if I can Transfer from my laptop2009ish to my new desktop my hard drive+window 10 i have install. I have a key from a paid version of win 7 installed under the free win 10 upgrade.Im guessing i just hook the HDD...
  7. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  8. File History backups from 2 hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History backups from 2 hard drives?: Hi everybody, First time here and I would like to put out a question concerning File History. My PC has several hard drives, drive C:\ of course with the OS and programs (M.2 drive) and drive D:\, an SSD for my data, mainly photos. The backups are done to a third,...
  9. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...
  10. transfer hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer hard drive: My old computer was a windows 8 that was upgraded to windows 10. I just ordered a new i5 6600 which comes with windows 10, a 250G SSD and 1 TB hard drive.. My old hard drive appears to be a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA which seems to be the same as the one in my new Vanquish....