Windows 10: transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc.

Discus and support transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my network cable was hit by lightning and fried the mother board. The hard drive is ok. I was told I could use my drive in a new pc and not loose any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 2old4it, Nov 18, 2020.

1. 2old4it Win User

transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc.

my network cable was hit by lightning and fried the mother board. The hard drive is ok. I was told I could use my drive in a new pc and not loose any programs or data on it. The drive is a SSD drive with a windows 10 system on it. I was told something about migrating the drive to a new pc. I have no idea what I am doing. The instructions I got were: boot up from windows 10 - change set up mode to Legacy?? and HDD to AHCI mode. Is this possible? I could really do with some simple instructions as I am not very pc literate. Could someone please help??

:)

2old4it, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 18, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc.

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

1. transfering an existing windows 10 hard drive with programs to a new windows 10 pc. - Similar Threads - transfering existing hard

2. Transfer Windows 10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 on a new PC: Hi, I recently bought I new PC, and I deactivated windows 10 on my old PC, and now when I try to activate windows on my new machine, it is not working. Can someone help me please?...
  3. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  4. Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding already existing Windows 10 to new Hard drive: I just had to get a new hard drive as my old one died. I already have Windows 10 and need to add it to new hard drive. How do I go about this?...
  5. Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk: My wife uses a laptop with 32MB emmc for bootdisk. I installed a 256MB ssd because windows 10 needs additional room to be able to update. How do I transfer Windows 10 to the SSD to boot from the SSD. The recovery partition on the emmc was deleted. Is there a way to...
  6. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Transfer: I bought a computer last fall and it ran great after I upgraded it into a gaming computer. The only issue that is starting to arise is that the old hard drive has started skipping and isn't running near as quickly as my other hard drives. I have a brand new barracuda 2tb hard...
  7. Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive: Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-hard-drive/8416286a-0f0e-412a-a166-567a3667d147
  8. Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive

Transfer Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hello! I have only 2 gb free space on my system drive, so I have a question. Is there a way to transfer working windows 10 system to another hard drive without reinstalling it?...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer Windows 10 to SSD hard drive: Can anyone tell me how to transfer Windows 10 From my standard hard drive to a new SSD hard drive. Thank you Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/transfer-windows-10-to-ssd-hard-drive/1185c915-abfb-4f58-b907-4418a1643ba8
  10. Transferring Windows 10 to new drive

Transferring Windows 10 to new drive: I have a Toshiba S855 S5254 laptop that originally came with preinstalled Windows (8 I think) that I upgraded to Windows 10 home when the upgrade was still free. I am thinking of replacing its hdd with a 1 tb ssd. Will Microsoft allow me to move the Windows 10 OS to the new...