Windows 10: transfering emails to document folders

Discus and support transfering emails to document folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have updated windows 10 home from windows 8 on laptop my problem is transfering emails to document folders. when ive read my emails click the 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sambobmcthedad, Sep 7, 2018.

1. transfering emails to document folders

Hi I have updated windows 10 home from windows 8 on laptop my problem is transfering emails to document folders. when ive read my emails click the 3 dots top right opens a box , click on save as and it opens my document box , find were I want to save it and open, before I click save at the bottom of the box is the title of the email and underneath it says email message then click save, then the document box disappears as usual then my email page shuts down which it shouldn't do so when I open my document box and find the folder were I saved it to , look along the line at the end it shows 0kbs open the email and there is nothing there can anyone tell me why please. it only started to do this within the last month.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

sambobmcthedad, Sep 7, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Micah Bat Win User

transfering emails to document folders

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

transfering emails to document folders

1. transfering emails to document folders - Similar Threads - transfering emails document

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Document and Photo transfer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document and Photo transfer.: How do I transfer documents and photo's from my HP Windows 7 desktop to my new HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-and-photo-transfer/8cf84c92-c103-42b9-b50d-618aa32903de
  6. Document and Photo transfer.

Document and Photo transfer.: How do I transfer documents and photo's from my HP Windows 7 desktop to my new HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-and-photo-transfer/8cf84c92-c103-42b9-b50d-618aa32903de
  7. "Documents" folder gets linked to new folder when I transfer data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Documents" folder gets linked to new folder when I transfer data: Hey guys, So I have been trying to clean my default "Documents" folder by "moving" the data it contains to another folder within the same Disk. The problem is that now both folders have the data and they are linked when i delete or add a file from one folder, it...
  8. email a document

email a document: I need help with emailing my resume to someone from the note pad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/email-a-document/eeb475e3-0de5-44dd-8f79-729197977bb5
  9. Saving email to document folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email to document folder: Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 mail like in Windows Essentials 2012? i.e. right click and save to documents or desktop etc.. 25601
  10. Transfer Documents Directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer Documents Directory: Why won't my "My Documents Directory" in Windows 7 transfer to the start menu ? At the moment I'm running off a disk. This what I used to have to do back in the old DOS days. I guess there's been no Improvement since then. 93510