Windows 10: Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

Discus and support Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A problem I hope someone can help me with. On my laptop I had a problem in that my icons on the taskbar had become invisible and despite all the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jlee77, Nov 20, 2018.

1. jlee77 Win User

Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

A problem I hope someone can help me with. On my laptop I had a problem in that my icons on the taskbar had become invisible and despite all the help in the forum, nothing worked. I then called on the MS chat help who were extremely helpful. They tried everything, which I could see via their online taking temporary control of my machine. Unfortunately nothing worked. The conclusion was that the problem was some corruption to my User profile and the conclusion was to create a new User/ Profile. It worked and the icon problem was gone. It did create a new problem. All my files and folders were on the old profile which still exists on the machine in the old profile. There I had, via the Explorer, 2 Onedrive accounts (one personal, one professional) and direct access on the pc to my work Sharepoint.

How to get them on to the new User Profile? The very helpful MS expert said no problem and started a migration process, from one profile to the new one. Given the amount of work related data in files and folders, particularly on Sharepoint it was going to take time.

Anyway the process stated and about a third or halfway through the process stopped for some reason and all was lost. By this time the MS expert had logged off and I had no idea how to start the process again. All seemed quite simple and quick steps when they did it but I'm am totally lost how they did it.

Would appreciate it if someone could give the step by step process so I can do it on my own and don't have to keep going back to them if the migration process stop or crashes again.

Thank you, many thanks.

:)

jlee77, Nov 20, 2018

2. OneDrive/SharePoint New Folder Glitch

When creating a New Folder or Renaming an existing folder within Onedrive or SharePoint from the navigation pane, the moment I type the name it glitches and names the folder usually with only the first letter I typed even though the all of the letters in
    the name displays as being typed before the glitch.

This only happens in shared folders like OneDrive or SharePoint.

Patrick Joyce (patrick.joyce), Nov 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

OneDrive/SharePoint New Folder Glitch

Hello Patrick,

In line with your concern regarding SharePoint/OneDrive's new folder glitch
    is out of the Microsoft Community's scope of support. Alternatively, you can
    use the OneDrive In-app support/help center and
    SharePoint In-app/Help center to get the assistance that you needed.
    On other devices, sign in to
    OneDrive.com from any browser, click the
    ? help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support.
    Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint!

1. Transfering Files and Folders including OneDrive and Sharepoint! - Similar Threads - Transfering Files Folders

2. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  3. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  4. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  5. OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive: transfer Sync Path of Sharepoint Sites not files to the new PC: Good morning everyone,We are moving a user to a new computer, and they have around 10 different SharePoint sites, and a few OneDrive folders synced to the computer. Is there a way to copy the settings to a new computer, without going to every site and syncing. I've looked at...
  6. SharePoint file/folder shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SharePoint file/folder shortcut: I have several documents I work on concurrently that are located in our SP directory. The files are often buried in several subfolders, so I like to add a shortcut to the files and/or specific folders and add to my desktop to get there quickly. However, since the last Windows...
  7. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...
  8. RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION

RECOVER LOST SHAREPOINT FILES AND FOLDERS DURING INTERRUPTED SHAREPOINT MOVE OPERATION: Foolishly I did a massive MOVE of numerous SharePoint Folders some months ago. It seems it got interrupted. The folders and files are not in their original SharePoint location and are NOT in the new SharePoint location I tried to MOVE them to. Neither are they in the...
  9. New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams

in Windows 10 News
    New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams: OneDrive's vision is to enable you to share and work together on all your files in a simple and secure way, inclusive of your personal files as well as the files you create and manage in shared spaces like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams. A foundational element to this is...
  10. New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities: Today, during the SharePoint Virtual Summit, we unveiled a new wave of innovations that build upon the vision we set forth last year to reinvent content collaboration and usher in a new generation of mobile and intelligent intranets. Customers’ successes inspire us and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add sharepoint online to file explorer windows explorer quick access