Windows 10: Transfering files from iTunes MacOS?

Discus and support Transfering files from iTunes MacOS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently transferred files form a MacOS iTunes account to my Windows 10 Laptop. All the tutorials i read only mentioned the audio fiules and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by madore.madore, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Transfering files from iTunes MacOS?

I recently transferred files form a MacOS iTunes account to my Windows 10 Laptop. All the tutorials i read only mentioned the audio fiules and I am wondering where to put the audiobooks, tv shows, podcasts, movies, etc?

Can I create directories in the iTunes media and copy existing files there, or are these handled differently in Windows based iTunes?

Thanks.

:)

madore.madore, Mar 20, 2019

2. Issues with NMT and iTunes transfer.

Having major problems getting Nokia Multimedia Transfer to work. I am using:

• N82
    • 16GB memory card
    • NMT 1.4
    • iTunes 8.0.2
    • Mac OSX 10.5.6
    • 10GB of music files (2000+ tracks)
    • USB connection

Problems:

I get no N82 device folder in iTunes no matter what order I connect and start things. "Enable iTunes Transfer" is selected in Device Settings. I can see a list of iTunes folders and playlists, select them and click Start iTunes Transfer.

The transfer appears to be happening but it is extremely slow and freezes intermittently. When I restart the transfer it spends up to an hour "Getting list of files on device". It then spends another hour or so deleting files with names like TMPxxxxx.$$$.
    I have let the transfer run overnight (8 hours) and it has only transferred about half of the content before freezing again.

Of the tracks that have transferred, when I try to add them to the Music Player using Refresh, each track takes about 10 seconds to add. With 2000+ tracks I'm looking at 5.5 hours to load the Player. Is this right?

When I start the Music Player it is taking 30-60 seconds to load and is extremely slow to navigate around; 30-60 second lags after each button press. In all other respects the phone is fast and responsive.

Is this typical of this device and the associated software? If it is then I'll be sending the phone back as music playout was one of my key purchasing criteria. At this rate I wouldn't even rate this as a "toy" let alone a serious alternative to a dedicated
    MP3 player!

koalabravo, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Transfer music files from computer to iTunes

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To transfer the music files from the computer to the iTunes, follow the steps:

1. Open iTunes and click on ‘File’ tab.

2. Select ‘Add File to Library’ from the drop down menu.

3. Navigate to the folder (Music folder) on the One Drive.

4. Select the music folder and click on ‘Open’.

The Music files will get added on the iTunes library.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Steevo Win User

Transfering files from iTunes MacOS?

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Transfering files from iTunes MacOS?

1. Transfering files from iTunes MacOS? - Similar Threads - Transfering files iTunes

2. Transferring to iPod no iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring to iPod no iTunes: Hello can anyone recommend any software to transfer music to an iPos without using iTunes
  3. Switched to Windows 10 from MacOS. Need some insight on how to transfer files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switched to Windows 10 from MacOS. Need some insight on how to transfer files: helloo all i just built a PC, installed windows 10 and I'm coming from Mac OS. i have a SATA SSD that was running Mac OS and has some files i wanna transfer over and i know its not as simple as hooking it up to my PC and transferring it over. Are there any software that will...
  4. Transfer of files from external harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from external harddrive: I have a Fantom 1TB external hard-drive connected to my PC which is running Win10 with everything updated to the latest specs. Equipment is in good working order and all cables have been checked. I have tried turning everything off and restarting. I have done everything...
  5. How to transfer files from iPhone to Windows PC without iTunes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files from iPhone to Windows PC without iTunes: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alexandertechtips [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha25p5/how_to_transfer_files_from_iphone_to_windows_pc/
  6. Transfering IPad Itunes library to desktop computer

Transfering IPad Itunes library to desktop computer: HELP: How do you transfer iTunes library from an iPad Ver. 9.3.5 to my Windows 10 desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfering-ipad-itunes-library-to-desktop/02bf3643-6bdc-448c-831f-c15d7bc6c876
  7. How to Transfer iTunes Playlist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Transfer iTunes Playlist: What's the best way to transfer an iTunes playlist to Spotify and Google Play Music? 150460
  8. How to transfer files from itunes (Apple) to Windows 10?

How to transfer files from itunes (Apple) to Windows 10?: How to transfer files from itunes (Apple) to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-itunes-apple-to-windows/999b7ca8-2056-49bb-b95f-571a129953f6"
  9. File Transfer from Mac to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Transfer from Mac to Windows: I recently purchased a Seagate Backup Plus for Mac in order to transfer my files from a mac to a windows 10 tablet. When I plugged in the external to the tablet to start transferring, nothing pops up. The light on the external appears for a few seconds then nothing. What can...
  10. How to transfer Itunes/personal files and documents from Windows 8.1 when I install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer Itunes/personal files and documents from Windows 8.1 when I install windows 10: How to transfer Itunes/personal files and documents from Windows 8.1 when I install windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-transfer-itunespersonal-files-and-documents/9fc414be-f6ac-4c39-914f-7762a262f702