Windows 10: transfering files

Discus and support transfering files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new computer that has windows 10. My old computer blew up and I didn't copy any of my files, photos or programs I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Colleen Derringer, Feb 7, 2019.

1. transfering files

Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer that has windows 10. My old computer blew up and I didn't copy any of my files, photos or programs I used on my windows 7.

I installed the set up and all went fine. I started to use my old email and old desktop, only because I had photos and some files and programs I wanted off of my old computer.

Problem was they did not transfer and I want to know how I can get them to my Windows 10 desktop so I can use or find similar to the programs. I also need information off of some files.

Any help, please

Colleen

:)

Colleen Derringer, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Feb 7, 2019
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 7, 2019
  4. LonGun Win User

transfering files

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

transfering files

1. transfering files - Similar Threads - transfering files

2. How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to transfer Big Files to Remote Desktop: [IMG]This post shows how to transfer large files from a Remote Desktop to a local machine or vice versa in Windows 11/10. We discuss how to copy large files over 2 GB in a Remote Desktop Session on a Windows server or client machine. What is the maximum file size transfer for...
  3. On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?: When I am in sales and try to "copy to projects" there are many folders that are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-servicepoint-in-sales-when-i-try-to-copy-to/cf489924-fda7-447b-a7d8-ff6fb880e093
  4. On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?: When I am in sales and try to "copy to projects" there are many folders that are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-servicepoint-in-sales-when-i-try-to-copy-to/cf489924-fda7-447b-a7d8-ff6fb880e093
  5. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  6. On Servicepoint in sales when I try to "copy to project", not all the files transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC

How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC: How do I transfer my programs and files from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 11 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-programs-and-files-from-an/3e8ddba5-3534-465d-b4ee-b6f4dd31ff19
  8. How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...: Hi, I have recovered all the data I can from a corrupted micro SD card that had windows on it previously, for use in a Steam Deck. I have transferred all this data to a separate laptop. The issue is, I have now formatted the micro SD card and want to transfer the recovered...
  9. How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...

How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...: Hi, I have recovered all the data I can from a corrupted micro SD card that had windows on it previously, for use in a Steam Deck. I have transferred all this data to a separate laptop. The issue is, I have now formatted the micro SD card and want to transfer the recovered...
  10. how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files: how can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows fileshow can i transfer my windows storage from disk c to disk d easily without moving windows files i have been experiencing that my disk c is full i wan to transfer the storage from...