Windows 10: Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD

Discus and support Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Currently I have 2 1TB HDD's in RAID0 AMD 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI disk device configuration and I want to transfer everything over to a single SSD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a.sturdevant, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD

Currently I have 2 1TB HDD's in RAID0 AMD 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI disk device configuration and I want to transfer everything over to a single SSD and use that as my primary drive, then use the old HDD's as extra space. How would I go about doing this? All of my data as well as my OS are currently on the HDD's.

:)

a.sturdevant, Apr 14, 2020
  2. HiSpeed Win User

SSD instead of Raid0 HDDs...

AsRock, in fact I replaced first a raid0 of 2 HHD's by my SSD.
    As the result was good but not much more efficient, due to the sata2 limitation, I preferred put my SSD on another PC using only one HDD.
    As this HDD was build in the past from my raid0 (therefore with the raid driver into it), I only used Acronis again to do a copy...

HiSpeed, Apr 14, 2020
  3. ROM
    rom Win User
    New SSD next to Raid0 HDDs

Hi there,

Just bought a new ssd and currently running a raid0 setup on my old HDDs.

My question is how do i go about this?

The idea is to have the SSD as the boot drive and have a raid0 next to it.

1.Do i need to unplug the HDDs first and do a clean install on the SSD first? or is there a more effective way?
    2.How do i format all the data on the raid0? I want to have a new start. Do i just delete the raid0 setup or will the disks be full of corrupted data?

Thanks for reading!

4. HiSpeed Win User

Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD

SSD instead of Raid0 HDDs...

Hi Guys,

I have no experience with SSD.
    I intend to replace my Raid0 HDDs by a SSD (probably a Samsung 830).

Can I use (without trouble) Acronis True Image to restore an image of my Raid0 (XP Pro SP3) to only one SSD?

HiSpeed, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD

1. Transfering from 2 HDD's in RAID0 to one SSD - Similar Threads - Transfering HDD's RAID0

2. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  3. Transfering activation from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering activation from HDD to SSD: Hi, I am thinking about installing Windows 10 on an new SSD, but the only problem is, my activated copy of Windows 11 Pro is on my HDD. Is there a way that I can transfer my activation by unlinking my Microsoft account from that one device with the HDD in, put the SSD into...
  4. Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer of windows 10 from HDD to m.2 SSD: Recently I bought m.2 SSD and want to install in my laptop. I don't know the exact procedure of it. I want to make m.2 SSD a system drive or drive c without losing any data. How can i shift windows 10 operating system from HDD to m.2 SSD safely with all files?...
  5. Windows transfer from HDD to SSD

Windows transfer from HDD to SSD: I was wondering if it was possible to switch Windows from one internal drive to another. I have an HDD from another, older computer with Windows 10 pro already installed and with a license. However, in the PC I currently plan on building, I would like to use an SSD as my boot...
  6. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  7. Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?

Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?: I have the Lenovo Ideapad 320s laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an additional slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and I want to transfer Windows 10 to SSD to boot from SSD. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? I would really appreciate any help...
  8. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....
  9. Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows from HDD to SSD?: I have Lenovo Ideapad 320s 14IKB laptop with HDD. My laptop also has an extra slot for SSD. I am planning to add SSD in that slot and want to transfer windows 10 to SSD so that it boots from SSD. Q. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD? Q. After transferring, how...
  10. 3 SSD's - wish to run raid0 on 2 SSD, and one single SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 SSD's - wish to run raid0 on 2 SSD, and one single SSD: Greetings. 3 SSD's. Boot works fine when it runs in AHCI mode. Windows 10 is on SSD 1. I then switch from AHCI to RAID, and then I make a RAID0-array of SSD 2+SSD3. Then it can't boot anymore, allthough there has been no change for SSD 1 with Windows 10....