Windows 10: TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER

Discus and support TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; AFTER A FEBRUARY UPDATE, MY PICTURE LIBRARY, MY DOCUMENTS LIBRARY, AND MY MUSIC LIBRARY WERE ALL LOCATED IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. I WANT TO TRANSFER ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidMaule, Mar 12, 2020.

1. TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER

AFTER A FEBRUARY UPDATE, MY PICTURE LIBRARY, MY DOCUMENTS LIBRARY, AND MY MUSIC LIBRARY WERE ALL LOCATED IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. I WANT TO TRANSFER ALL THOSE FILES BACK TO THEIR CORRECT LIBRARIES. IS THERE A WAY TO DO THIS, AND IF SO, WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?

:)

DavidMaule, Mar 12, 2020

2. Transfering pictures in windows 10 library to picasa

I need to know the steps involved in transferring my pictures in windows 10 library to Picasa. Also, would like Picasa to be default on anything I download.....

FernWilcox, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 12, 2020
  4. wallace99 Win User

TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER

1. TRANSFERING PICTURES FROM ONE LIBRARY TO ANOTHER - Similar Threads - TRANSFERING PICTURES LIBRARY

2. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  3. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  4. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  5. Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Transfer speed from one SSD to another...: I feel like the transfer rate should be a LOT faster than 20-30mb/s average moving one movie file from one SSD to another. My boot drive and games are on NVME's. Movies/TV shows on 1 SSD Downloads go to a 2nd SSD Installation apps/random stuff goes on the 3rd SSD. 177578
  6. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  7. transfer microsoft from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer microsoft from one computer to another: We just upgraded our computer and would like to transfer the program account to the new one. How do we download microsoft to the new one. Our account does not expire until this spring. Thank you....
  8. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows from one PC to another: I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using...
  9. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  10. Transfer games from one account to another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer games from one account to another: I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?...