Windows 10: Transfering to new computer

Discus and support Transfering to new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to transfer files from old windows 10 pc to new windows 10 computer. I am using a portable drive. When I start the copy to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobRubel, Oct 21, 2020.

1. BobRubel Win User

Transfering to new computer

I am trying to transfer files from old windows 10 pc to new windows 10 computer. I am using a portable drive. When I start the copy to the new computer, I get an error message. It says there is not enough space on the portable drive. It says I need an additional 48,7 GB to copy the files. I am using a Seagate portable drive. Space free 12.0 MB total size 931 GB. How do I get around this problem?

:)

BobRubel, Oct 21, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Oct 21, 2020
  3. New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Transfering to new computer

data transfer to new computer

programs and files missing after data transfer to new computer. not listed in apps nor thru search. Have used win defender. Is the program somewhere?

debrajeffsgrad, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Transfering to new computer

1. Transfering to new computer - Similar Threads - Transfering computer

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  5. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  6. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

7. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  8. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  9. How do i transfer old computer to new?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e
  10. How do i transfer old computer to new?

How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e