Windows 10: Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.

Discus and support Transfering win 10 licence, help needed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I know there are lots on guides online already, but I can't see one specific to my needs. So I built a new computer and installed windows 10 home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chibo912, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.

Hi, I know there are lots on guides online already, but I can't see one specific to my needs.

So I built a new computer and installed windows 10 home, thinking that was my old version. I logged on with my Microsoft account thinking that would transfer the activation (I have digital licence linked to Microsoft account) and it was a retail version.

But it turns out my old licence was for Windows 10 pro edition, and since the version of Windows home is not licenced, it won't let me upgrade to the pro version so that I can activate. Is there a way to get out of this situation?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/chibo912
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chibo912, Dec 23, 2020

2. licence transfer

Can i transfer my win 10 digital licence to a new self-build pc... how can i check if i can do that with my current licence?

ive ordered a a new mobo, processor, ram, gfx, Hdd, SSD

benedict culminator, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012.

In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time.

I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903.

I bought a new laptop with Win 10 Home this week. I will be retiring the original Laptop purchased in 2012.

Can I transfer my Win 10 Pro licence on the retired laptop to the new Laptop ?

I am getting mixed answers from the Sales people.

ChristopherTomka, Dec 23, 2020
  4. MarkV48 Win User

Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC.

I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again 0xc004f050).

I phoned the call center and after 20 unsuccessful minutes were cut off. Please assist if anyone can help?

MarkV48, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.

1. Transfering win 10 licence, help needed. - Similar Threads - Transfering licence help

2. I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.: I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-transfering-my-win-10-pro-licence-to-a/bd552d69-dd4c-4ed0-9809-8ac787eee5df
  3. I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.: I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-transfering-my-win-10-pro-licence-to-a/bd552d69-dd4c-4ed0-9809-8ac787eee5df
  4. I need help transfering my Win 10 Pro licence to a machine that has Win 10 Education on it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer: I have Windows 10 Pro licence retail, not OEM on an old computer that does not meet requirements for upgrade to Win 11. The licence is linked to my Microsoft account.I plan to discard the old computer and use the licence for a new virtual Windows machine. I want to utilize a...
  6. Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a Win 10 Pro licence to Win 11 on a virtual computer: I have Windows 10 Pro licence retail, not OEM on an old computer that does not meet requirements for upgrade to Win 11. The licence is linked to my Microsoft account.I plan to discard the old computer and use the licence for a new virtual Windows machine. I want to utilize a...
  7. Transfer of Licence.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Licence.: I had Windows 7 Home in my PC , now after formatting in April 2021, I am unable to activate the the same, Microsoft does not have any support for Win 7.Now I am thinking to Purchase Window 10 Home, but worried for the reason, if after some time my PC breakdown and I need to...
  8. Win 10 licence help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 licence help: Hi everyone ! I could use some info about windows 10 licences that I could not find anywhere. I recently installed win 10 on my pc and entered my microsoft account there - which I got because I had old windows phone . Now I wanted to bought product key and activate it , BUT...
  9. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC: I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903. I bought a new...
  10. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...