Windows 10: transfering win 10 product code to new computer.

Discus and support transfering win 10 product code to new computer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Problem. I want to transfer my win 10 product code to a new computer. Microsoft state I have to first deactivate it on my old computer, problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mikk, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Mikk Win User

transfering win 10 product code to new computer.

Problem. I want to transfer my win 10 product code to a new computer. Microsoft state I have to first deactivate it on my old computer, problem is-----------
    My internet computer has given up on me which has Win 10, 64 bit installed and is activated.
    I have not been able to get it to boot so cannot deactivate. Putting the hardrive onto another computer as a slave checks out Ok with no virus or or other problems . Have checked the keyboard, mouse and the graphic card. all are Ok. I put a newish formatted hard drive on the old computer hoping it might boot and ask for a OP to be put in but nothing . Pressing delete when starting does nothing, So my conclusion is that the motherboard has failed.

Any thoughts on how to activate win 10 on the new computer you may have will be very welcome,
    Thank you,
    Mike.

P.S. I cannot give the Windows version number .

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 13, 2020
  3. data transfer to new computer

programs and files missing after data transfer to new computer. not listed in apps nor thru search. Have used win defender. Is the program somewhere?

debrajeffsgrad, Apr 13, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. transfering win 10 product code to new computer. - Similar Threads - transfering product code

2. Transfering Win 10 license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Win 10 license to a new computer: Hi, I have two questions about licenses of Win 10. So I have two computers right now, mostly using the newer one. Both of them are digital licenses linked to my MS account and both of them are updated from windows 7. One of them being Windows 10 Pro the newer PC and the...
  3. New computer and transferring product keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer and transferring product keys: [ATTACH] (English is not my main language, sorry for any mistakes) Hi everyone! I have a few questions about Product Keys and licensing on Windows. I'm looking to buy a new laptop that comes with a linux distro instead of windows, I don't actually use linux so I'm going...
  4. Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.

Transferring a Win 10 Pro License to a new computer.: Just got a new i710700 computer to do audio and video work. This one came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. My old computer will be used only for office stuff now and it has Win10 pro on it. Can I transfer the pro license to the new computer and just have win 10 home on...
  5. Transferring product keys to new computers

Transferring product keys to new computers: I have a windows 7 key from a laptop and a windows 10 key from a refurbished desktop. I was wondering if I could transfer the keys to two new desktops and would I be able to activate windows 10 with them? If it is possible how would I do so? Thank You [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Transfering win 10 license to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering win 10 license to new computer: Hello! So I felt it was about time to build a new gaming rig as my current one has passed 9 years already and has seen better days. And for my final touch, I want to transfer my win 10 license if possible to my new computer. I've looked around the webs and I understand that...
  7. Win 10 Product Code email

Win 10 Product Code email: Can't find the email the code was sent to me in, does anyone have the subject line or the origin address? I tried calling MSFT but after 6 attempts to navigate their IVR i've just given up....
  8. Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home

Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home: I have purchased a new computer with Win 10 Home. I have an old computer which was upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. It is activated digitally. I want to down grade the old computer to Win 10 Home and upgrade the new one from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. The cost of...
  9. Transferring a Windows 10 Product Key to a new computer

Transferring a Windows 10 Product Key to a new computer: Hi, I'm currently building a gaming desktop, and I don't want to have to buy a new Windows 10 product key as they are quite expensive. I'm wondering if I can transfer the key from my current laptop. I've used a software called ProduKey which found the key from my computer for...
  10. Transfer Win 10 to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Win 10 to new PC: Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 (32 bit). I have done a couple of clean installs since. I have built a new desktop and would like to transfer windows 10 (32 bit) to new comp and at the same time install 64 bit version. How do I go about it? Windows 7 was given to me as a...