Windows 10: Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop

Discus and support Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I would appreciate some help with the following issue: I have bought a new laptop and a separate win10 OEM. After a few months using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Preki, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Preki Win User

Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop

Hello,

I would appreciate some help with the following issue:

I have bought a new laptop and a separate win10 OEM. After a few months using the laptop, I have returned it since it had hardware problems. The store accepted it and gave me a cash return, which I used to get a new laptop.

However, now I can not activate my purchased win10 on a new comp since it was already activated in the computer which is returned to the seller.

Is there a way to activate win on the replacement new computer?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Preki, Aug 4, 2019

2. Activated Win10 on defective laptop, how to transfer key to new laptop

Hello,
    I bought a laptop for a client, wiped and formatted the hard drive that had Windows 8.1 Home.
    Installed Windows 10 Pro. And activated it with a purchased key.
    When I started working on it, there were a lot of issues, and a defective touch pad.
    So I am about to take the laptop back and trade it in for a new one from a different manufacture.
    How do I transfer the key from that laptop to the new one?
    Would Advanced Token Manager, Advanced Tokens Manager - Josh Cell Softwares
    do the job even though it doesn't say Windows 10 supported?
    I also found this, http://www.thewindowsclub.com/deacti...ws-product-key
    Would that work on Windows 10? I see the screenshots, however they look like they are Windows 7.

Georgeilots, Aug 4, 2019
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 4, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop

n-ster, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfering win10 from returned defect laptop to a newly issued replacement laptop - Similar Threads - Transfering win10 returned

2. Transferring an Office 2019 Pro from a defective computer to a replacement one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an Office 2019 Pro from a defective computer to a replacement one.: HiI have Office 2019 Pro running on a defective laptop which is being replaced by another one, so I'm in the process of porting all my apps from the old defective laptop to the replacement one. Unfortunately, I misplaced the Product Key, so I used one of the tools advertised...
  3. Transferring an Office 2019 Pro from a defective computer to a replacement one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring an Office 2019 Pro from a defective computer to a replacement one.: HiI have Office 2019 Pro running on a defective laptop which is being replaced by another one, so I'm in the process of porting all my apps from the old defective laptop to the replacement one. Unfortunately, I misplaced the Product Key, so I used one of the tools advertised...
  4. Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop that died bought a new Windows 10 Home laptop to replace it. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new laptop. The key IS NOT an OEM key so I should be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to the replacement computer...
  5. Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows License to a replacement laptop.: I have a Windows 10 Pro laptop that died bought a new Windows 10 Home laptop to replace it. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new laptop. The key IS NOT an OEM key so I should be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to the replacement computer...
  6. TRANSFERRING OFFICE 2019 FROM A DEFECTIVE LAPTOP TO A NEW LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    TRANSFERRING OFFICE 2019 FROM A DEFECTIVE LAPTOP TO A NEW LAPTOP: How do I transfer Office 2019 from a defective laptop to a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-office-2019-from-a-defective-laptop/f10a15b3-7206-4bbf-a132-b995c1dfb8f7
  7. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop: Looking to Transfer a Windows Pro Licence, from a returned Laptop to my current new Laptop. I upgraded from the MS Store to Windows Pro on a Laptop that I had purchased. This was in January 2020. I then returned the laptop because it was faulty just a week later. At the...
  8. Deleting Win10 to return laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Win10 to return laptop: Hello! I recently got a laptop that came with FreeDos and now I need to return it because of a faulty screen. Since I only noticed it after installing Win10 on it, I'm now trying to uninstall it/do factory reset(?) I followed a tutorial to get to the Windows setup where you...
  9. Transfer win10 from crashed laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer win10 from crashed laptop: My laptop with win10 has crashed. Black screen, will not boot up. Can not get anything to work. Power button and little light on caps lock button flash but nothing else. Can I transfer the win10 to another laptop with win8.1?...
  10. Activated Win10 on defective laptop, how to transfer key to new laptop

Activated Win10 on defective laptop, how to transfer key to new laptop: Hello, I bought a laptop for a client, wiped and formatted the hard drive that had Windows 8.1 Home. Installed Windows 10 Pro. And activated it with a purchased key. When I started working on it, there were a lot of issues, and a defective touch pad. So I am about to...