Windows 10: Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

Discus and support Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've purchased a refurbished computer that comes with Windows 10 Pro set up on its HHD. I want to install s SSD in the computer and run Windows from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WayneLucas1, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

I've purchased a refurbished computer that comes with Windows 10 Pro set up on its HHD. I want to install s SSD in the computer and run Windows from it. How do I transfer the operating system without losing the activation?

:)

WayneLucas1, Oct 30, 2018

2. Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

I've purchased a refurbished computer that comes with Windows 10 Pro set up on its HHD. I want to install s SSD in the computer and run Windows from it. How do I transfer the operating system without losing the activation?

WayneLucas1, Oct 30, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    HHD to SSD

Get the SSD and a way to connect to the computer and clone it from the HHD.

There are a number of free programs to use to do the clone. I used EaseUS toDoBacklUp.

lacrumb, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Qraven Win User

Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains
    my photos and other stuff. I only want to transfer my system but I haven't found a program which would allow me to do such thing.

Is there a way to create partition which would only contain my system so then I would be able to transfer my system to SSD ?

Regards

Qraven, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer

1. Transfering Windows 10 Pro from a HHD to an SSD in the same computer - Similar Threads - Transfering Pro HHD

2. Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring OEM windows 10 pro from HDD to SSD: Hi,I have the HP 250 G4 and I have windows 10 pro installed onto the Hard Drive inside the laptop. I recently purchased a Solid State Drive so I could get better performance out of the laptop as it is for school and I’ll need quite a few tasks running at once. I went into...
  3. win10 migration from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 migration from HHD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I've got an SSD which already has a an older version of windows and an HDD with my current win10 version. I´d like to know how to migrate the new version from the HDD to the SSD and then, how to configure it to boost the new one without having to erase the old...
  4. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD: Hi, i have installed a new SSD into my PC and would like to migrate Windows 10 into the new SSD from my old HHD. I do not have a USB or CD disk at hand and since im in quarantine i cannot obtain one at the moment. I was wondering though since i want to completely reformat my...
  5. Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD

Migrate Windows 10 to new SSD from HHD: Hi, i have installed a new SSD into my PC and would like to migrate Windows 10 into the new SSD from my old HHD. I do not have a USB or CD disk at hand and since im in quarantine i cannot obtain one at the moment. I was wondering though since i want to completely reformat my...
  6. Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring Windows 10 From a HHD to an SSD M.2: I need some help with transferring Windows 10 64-Bit to my M.2 Drive... So where do I start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-windows-10-from-a-hhd-to-an-ssd-m2/777554b7-4bfd-49a8-98f7-55ddf37dd194
  7. Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer

Windows 10 HHD to SSD Transfer: I just purchased an SSD that I want to use as my primary disk. Before this SSD I was (and still am sadly) using an HHD. I have already migrated all of my files using an application called 'Data Migration'. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm already...
  8. Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration

Windows 10 HHD to SSD migration: So, I've recently bought a SSD 120gb drive. I waanted to only keep there my OS and browser. I wanted to transfer only the OS from old 1tb HHD to my new SSD. The problem is that i don't have partition only for system. My only partition is C: disk which contains my photos and...
  9. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer? In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move...
  10. Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading 7 to 10 from HHD to SSD: Okay, One of my systems currently has Windows 7 Home Premium that somewhere along the line I used it to play around with 10. Because when I go to the Windows upgrade site, it is recognized as a Windows 10 machine. Now, I am currently running on HHDs a couple of 4TB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfering directories from ssd to hhd in windows 10