Windows 10: Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer

Discus and support Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a PC and a laptop, both were running regular Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro on the laptop, assuming I can use the benefits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bstompor, Apr 10, 2019.

1. bstompor Win User

Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer

I have a PC and a laptop, both were running regular Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro on the laptop, assuming I can use the benefits (particularly Hyper-V) on both computers. After some searching on the internet I found I can't do this with just one license (at least I don't think I can, in the event that I can, please guide me on how to enable it on both computers). I want to move the Windows 10 Pro license from the Laptop to the PC but I don't want the laptop to be out of a license. All the information I found on the internet suggested I have to remove the license completely from the computer, making it unlicensed. I do not want to do this, I just want to have the benefits of Windows 10 Pro on my PC instead of my laptop as I use it more often. Perhaps there is a better solution?

:)

bstompor, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 10, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfering Windows 10 Pro to another comptuer - Similar Threads - Transfering Pro another

2. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  3. transfer windows 10 pro to another machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 pro to another machine: Hi! I purchased Windows 10 Pro less than a year ago, but now I no longer have access to my old Alienware laptop to uninstall it there. How can I install W Pro to my new machine?...
  4. Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Transfer to another motherboard: My current motherboard and cpu is very old an I am thinking about replacing them... I want to know how can I transfer my current license to the new motherboard.... I have a Retail 2PC digital license and need to replace only one PC my other pc doesn't need license...
  5. Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?: I apologize if this is the wrong sub! Basically, my Windows 10 Pro and some other personal files are on a smaller SSD, and I just bought a bigger SSD. Is there a way for me to transfer my Windows 10 Pro OS from the smaller SSD to the bigger SSD without having to reinstall...
  6. Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer of windows 10 pro to another device: I want to know if it is possible to transfer my windows 10 pro to an other device it is an issue as it allowed me to revert to older version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-windows-10-pro-to-another-device/11d7543d-b4ca-440c-b339-1a436074792c
  7. transfer window 10 pro on another computer

transfer window 10 pro on another computer: I had buy windows 8.1 professional from amazon.in and upgrade on windows 10 on free programme of Microsoft , it possible to shift on another computer system...
  8. transfer windows 10 pro to another windows 10 computer

transfer windows 10 pro to another windows 10 computer: Hello from Western Australia. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Pro bought the Pro update in 2017; it was running Windows 10 Home. I'd like to transfer that Pro version or license or whatever it's called to a different computer, a Lenovo currently running Windows 10...
  9. Transfer windows Pro key to another computer

Transfer windows Pro key to another computer: I have a tablet with Windows 10 pro on it and I don't use that tablet any longer, Is it possible to transfer that pro license to another computer I have that has windows 10 home on it. Just want to Upgrade the home license to Pro....
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home

Transfer Windows 10 Pro to Another Laptop with 10 Home: Hi Everyone, This is my first time asking to this community, sorry if this kind of post or question is not comply with community guidelines. My old laptop (let's call it A46CB) is installed with Windows 10 Pro and already activated. I got it from free upgrade from my...