Windows 10: transfering windows 10

Discus and support transfering windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I transfer Windows 10 to a new pc if I bought Windows 10 through the Microsoft store. It automatically activated without a product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OwenKitagawa, Sep 22, 2020.

1. transfering windows 10

How do I transfer Windows 10 to a new pc if I bought Windows 10 through the Microsoft store. It automatically activated without a product key.

:)

OwenKitagawa, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 22, 2020
  4. transfering windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

transfering windows 10

1. transfering windows 10 - Similar Threads - transfering

2. Transferring OS to a smaller SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring OS to a smaller SSD: I want to move my OS and only my OS to my new SSD which is a 250gb Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2. My main drive is a 1tb HDD and I want to be able to move that drive between laptop and PC without taking the laptops OS with it....
  3. I transferred my files to my hard drive and now this is happening. Only for ark too

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I transferred my files to my hard drive and now this is happening. Only for ark too: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JackGrigi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjep8f/i_transferred_my_files_to_my_hard_drive_and_now/
  4. Transfer of large amounts of data just stops, but disks continue to appear as data is being...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of large amounts of data just stops, but disks continue to appear as data is being...: Hi all, I am doing a disk upgrade and in the process of replacing existing disks, large amounts of data need to be moved between the disks. Since the transfer process is time consuming I have done these late at night leaving the computer on. When checking the next morning...
  5. Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Transferring to different computer- Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: After getting a new PC for my wife, I plan on giving the older one to a relative. She is currently using a beat up laptop to work from home. My plan is to use Macrium Reflect to transfer the system from the laptop to the PC, then using Redeploy to get the PC up and running....
  6. Does anyone know how to NOT transfer data from previous pc

Does anyone know how to NOT transfer data from previous pc: Switching to a new pc and I don't want any of my old stuff from my previous pc to appear in the new pc. Is there a way to not have my data from the old pc appearing in the new pc. I logged in to my old pc using my Microsoft account btw. submitted by /u/Not_Vertix_ [link]...
  7. Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?: Will I have to re-purchase MSFS again if I have to transfer files to my computer's larger hard drive in an effort to consolidate files to one hard drive? This potentially easy scenario has so many potential pitfalls due to not having a CD-ROM installation source to decrease...
  8. Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive

Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive: Not sure if this is the right place, but dk where else to ask. I got a new external hard-drive and I'm trying to transfer the stuff from my old one, but having a very difficult time. I tried googling my problem and saw others with a similar problem, and apparently there's an...
  9. Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?

Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?: Sorry for the dumb question, but my dad recently gave me his computer which has windows 10 Pro inside of its hard drive (he doesnt have an ssd). I also just realized that windows 10 is not a free OS after 18 long years. Knowing this fact, Im not really willing into spending...
  10. Is it possible to transfer windows 10 from an hdd to a new ssd?

Is it possible to transfer windows 10 from an hdd to a new ssd?: Sorry for the dumb question, but i recently found out that by simply having windows 10 installed into an ssd would make it run a little bit faster. Right now I have my windows 10 installed on my hdd and recently bought a new ssd, and so i was wondering if i could just easily...