Windows 10: Transfering Windows Activation Code

Discus and support Transfering Windows Activation Code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built myself a new pc with the basic windows installed. I have a previous laptop with the full windows home installed and am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AGMcCarron, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Transfering Windows Activation Code

I recently built myself a new pc with the basic windows installed. I have a previous laptop with the full windows home installed and am trying to transfer the code across. On my laptop in the "activation" part of settings it says my digital license is linked to my Microsoft account and I have signed into my account on my pc however the activation has not transferred. Am I missing something? What steps should I take?

:)

AGMcCarron, Sep 10, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Transfering Windows Activation Code

windows activation

Hi Micah,

Check the list of error codes
    here
    and follow the suggested steps to resolve it. If the error code isn't in the list, kindly send us the exact error code. You may attach a screenshot of the error. By the way, how did you get your copy of Windows 10? I suggest that you refer to this

link
    for ways on how to activate Windows 10 depending on how you got your copy of Windows.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Transfering Windows Activation Code

1. Transfering Windows Activation Code - Similar Threads - Transfering Activation Code

2. Activation transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation transfer: I have a laptop with preset windows 11 linked to my microsoft account. I also have a PC, on which i have not activated windows, just logged into my microsoft account. Now I have bought the second laptop but without OS. I have installed windows 11, logged into my microsoft...
  3. Activation transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation transfer: I have a laptop with preset windows 11 linked to my microsoft account. I also have a PC, on which i have not activated windows, just logged into my microsoft account. Now I have bought the second laptop but without OS. I have installed windows 11, logged into my microsoft...
  4. Windows activation/transfering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation/transfering: So i had a pc that had Windows 10/11 {i updated} then it broke,And i got a new pc pre built for cristhmas with a whole new different account. This one uses Windows homeSo im thinking what happens, If i transfer all the admin stuff and permission to the first account and...
  5. Windows activation/transfering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation/transfering: So i had a pc that had Windows 10/11 {i updated} then it broke,And i got a new pc pre built for cristhmas with a whole new different account. This one uses Windows homeSo im thinking what happens, If i transfer all the admin stuff and permission to the first account and...
  6. Windows activation/transfering

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. WIndows Activation Transfer

WIndows Activation Transfer: Hi, I have a question.My windows is "activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"How do I transfer my windows license to my another laptop?Thank you...
  8. Windows activation transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows activation transfer: I have an old desktop running Windows 10 Pro (Activated by windows 7 pro licence key (The licence key was upgraded to 10)) and a new laptop running windows 10 Home I want to switch them or just upgrade the laptop to pro. What do I do? I won't be using the desktop as its...
  9. Windows Activation Transfer

Windows Activation Transfer: I bought a laptop 2 years ago and activated windows which was previously installed, now I want to upgraded my laptop's hard disk to SSD for which I had to install a new windows which is not activated yet, how can I transfer previous windows activation to to newly installed...
  10. Windows Activation Transfer

Windows Activation Transfer: I was wondering if it is legal to transfer the windows 10 pro license on my Suface Laptop to my desktop. I think I would be able to do it now, but I am afraid Microsoft would cancel the activation down the road. I don't want to pay for Windows twice when I am only going to...