Windows 10: Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

Discus and support Transfering Windows Store games to another PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I've downloaded a bunch of games from my account to my notebook (a friend of mine has a pretty fast internet, so I went there with the notebook to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles AlbertMartins, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

So, I've downloaded a bunch of games from my account to my notebook (a friend of mine has a pretty fast internet, so I went there with the notebook to download) and wanted to copy the files to my PC, but I'm tied up in the windowsapps folder permission shenanigans. I've already tried a bunch of stuff to change permission (through properties -> security -> advanced, takeown and icalcs command lines, etc.), but I can't seem to copy the files. Is there anything that I can do to copy the files over?

:)

Charles AlbertMartins, Jun 25, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

Hi Charles

I am sorry, this is not possible, even if you get by the restrictions on that WindowApps folder, and re able to transfer those folders over, the games will not work on the other PC

Windows Store games are not like Steam games, they will only work on the PC they are installed into . . .

DaveM121, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Transfering Windows Store games to another PC

1. Transfering Windows Store games to another PC - Similar Threads - Transfering Store games

2. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  3. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  4. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games not transfering to new PC: So I have an issue and I cant figure it out. I'm trying to transfer a Microsoft store game from my portable harddrive to my desktops HDD. I'm using the trick where you start the download on the "to" PC, pause it after a few seconds, go to the WindowsApps folder and replace...
  6. Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc: Can I clone the disk drive that I installed my MS Game on in PC a and then insert the cloned drive in PC b and change my MS store settings to match the new drive and expect the game to work without having to download it again please?...
  7. Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an installed game on the Microsoft Store to another computer game not owned: I have a game installed on an old computer. It says "This product is installed" and it allows me to open the game and play it. It also gives me the option to "Buy to own", which I assume would give me full control and allow me to install this game on 10 different devices as I...
  8. Transfer a game on another pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a game on another pc: So when you bought minecraft Java edition it came with a code for minecraft windows 10. I used that code on my account in 2015 on my other computer but when i tried to use it on my new computer with the same account it only offered me the free trial. So i tried the uninstall...
  9. Transfer Windows store game forza horizon 4 to another pc without redownloading

Transfer Windows store game forza horizon 4 to another pc without redownloading: Hello,.I ve bought Forza horizon 4 on windows store yesterday..i am low on bandwidth so can i download the files on another computer with my microsoft account and transfer the same to my original pc where i want to play and install it and play ?...
  10. Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc

Transferring Microsoft Store game to other pc: Hey. I have Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to transfer a game that I bought and installed on one pc to another pc. I have already moved the game to a flash drive (via the option in Settings-->Apps)and am trying to put it on the new pc. When I try to copy the game folders to...