Windows 10: Transferred old HD to external drive to recover files but "this folder is empty" and only...

Discus and support Transferred old HD to external drive to recover files but "this folder is empty" and only... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help! I had the blue screen of death on my old HP desktop Vista, I believe. Replaced with new desktop also HP and transferred the old 1TB drive to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FlaNative, Feb 12, 2020.

1. FlaNative Win User

Transferred old HD to external drive to recover files but "this folder is empty" and only...

Help! I had the blue screen of death on my old HP desktop Vista, I believe. Replaced with new desktop also HP and transferred the old 1TB drive to an external drive bay in an effort to recover years of data content. Drive is recognized by new PC, but it shows "this folder is empty" when opened. When viewing properties of the drive, it shows a full capacity of only 105GB. When checking attributes and attempting to set them to visible from a command prompt, all of the folders are "boot" subfolders. No other content. I'm wondering if the other drive partitions are locked or just not readable for some reason. Any guidance would be SO appreciated. Thanks!

:)

FlaNative, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Transferred old HD to external drive to recover files but "this folder is empty" and only...

Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Transferred old HD to external drive to recover files but "this folder is empty" and only...

1. Transferred old HD to external drive to recover files but "this folder is empty" and only... - Similar Threads - Transferred old external

2. One Drive left me with empty folders - how to recover files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive left me with empty folders - how to recover files?: I have a 1 TB HD and 650GB of data so 1Drive would not work for me without buying more space which I prefer not to do. i drive had been inactive on my system but a update turned it back on. I allowed One Drive to create a backup of what it could but it became more and more...
  3. One Drive left me with empty folders - how to recover files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive left me with empty folders - how to recover files?: I have a 1 TB HD and 650GB of data so 1Drive would not work for me without buying more space which I prefer not to do. i drive had been inactive on my system but a update turned it back on. I allowed One Drive to create a backup of what it could but it became more and more...
  4. One Drive left me with empty folders - how to recover files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Folder in external hard drive shows empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder in external hard drive shows empty: I have a laptop that died. I now have the hard drive in an external case and am trying to access my documents under my user name. On my new laptop, file explorer says the user folder is empty. But when I connect the external hard drive to another pc, it can access my...
  6. Folder in external hard drive shows empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder in external hard drive shows empty: I have a laptop that died. I now have the hard drive in an external case and am trying to access my documents under my user name. On my new laptop, file explorer says the user folder is empty. But when I connect the external hard drive to another pc, it can access my...
  7. Transferring files to external HD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files to external HD: I just bought a WD easystore 2tb external hard drive, I also have an old HP slim line s5-1414 PC that is running windows 10. when I transfer a file from the PC to the external hard drive the file still appears on the PC. I’m trying to save space on the computer. I’m...
  8. Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubling transferring files from old external hard-drive: Not sure if this is the right place, but dk where else to ask. I got a new external hard-drive and I'm trying to transfer the stuff from my old one, but having a very difficult time. I tried googling my problem and saw others with a similar problem, and apparently there's an...
  9. How to recover file/Folder in $Recycle.Bin of external Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover file/Folder in $Recycle.Bin of external Drive: Lost a Folder with multiple files when compressing it. The Folder, or rather a sub-folder of it is in the $Recycle.Bin of an external disk. The system shows the Recycle.Bin as corrupted but does not allow access to undelete it. The recommended solution of ==> rd /s /q...
  10. transferring folders to external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transferring folders to external drive: Hello - - what does the code Ox8OO28CAO mismatch mean? My external drive won't accept the folders I want to transfer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-folders-to-external-drive/c08e0d3e-1a7e-44de-b715-970a29011460