Windows 10: transferring a computer

Discus and support transferring a computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to give my win 10 asus laptop to a friend. I want my data and apps off the computer but I want friend to register the win 10 in their name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by waltnich, Apr 3, 2019.

1. waltnich Win User

transferring a computer

I want to give my win 10 asus laptop to a friend. I want my data and apps off the computer but I want friend to register the win 10 in their name and use as if from new.

Is there a link?

:)

waltnich, Apr 3, 2019
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 3, 2019
  3. DavidY Win User
    Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

Hi Kari,
    Can you confirm that the computer at step 5 (I numbered your list *Wink ) had never had an activated Insider build (especially not 10240)?

I'm wondering if it was possible that the second machine activated because the activation servers recognised the hardware from an earlier activation, and not because of the method you used to transfer?

DavidY, Apr 3, 2019
  4. transferring a computer

Sms transfer to computer question nokiaN70

I found some guys in the forum have problem with backup sms from mobile to pc. Now I found third party software for Windows Mobile Phone to transfer SMS to your desktop computer. Here is the user’s guide (4 main Steps)

1. Download the third party software and Install it

2. Transfer the SMS from your mobile to PC

3. Manager your SMS on your desktop computer

4. Restore SMS from pc to mobile

1.Download the third party software and Install it

Step 1 Download the
    http://www.emaildigger.com/product_detail.php/pid/22132-1/pa/GodswMobile-SMS-Transfer
    " TARGET="_blank">SMS Transfer Tool

Step 2: Unzip the file you downloaded just now and copy the installation file "GodswMobileSMSTransferSetup.CAB" to your mobile device. You may need to connect your device to a host computer using ActiveSync. You can also transfer the file using a memory card.

Step 3: On your device, navigate to the location of the CAB file using File Explorer. Click on the CAB file (displayed as the following screenshot) and click "Install" to begin the installation.

New window

Step 4:Now installation completes. Select "OK" to continue.

New window

2. Transfer the SMS from your mobile to PC

Now let’s use the software to finish the transfer job.

Step 1: Click "start" and then select programs. You will see the follow screen

New window

Step 2: Select the “SMSTransfer” in your mobile programs list to run it. You will see the follow screenshot

New window

Step 3: Click on "Backup Messages" in the main interface to backup you SMS messages in mobile phone. You will see the follow screenshot

New window

Step 4: Decide the file name, file format and location (The default setting is OK) for your SMS file and click on "Save" to start to backup process. You will see the follow screenshot.

New window

Step 5: After backup completes, all the SMS messages has been backup in a file on your phone. You can save it in your memory card or transfer it to your computer easily by ActiveSync.

New window

3. Manager your SMS on your desktop computer

Step 1: Transfer the SMS backup file from your mobile phone to computer by ActiveSync first. Then run the "SMSTransferManager.exe " from the zip file folder in your computer. You will see the manager main window as below

New window

Step 2: Click “File”->”Import” and select the backup file to import your sms message to the SMS Transfer Manager.

New window

New window

Step 3:You can see all your backup sms in your computer with SMS Transfer Manager Now!

New window

Also, you could delete some of the messages and export the sms to a new file and restore to your mobile phone.

4. Restore SMS from pc to mobile

Before backup, the mobile phone do not have any messages as a brand new phone.

New window

Step 1: Click on "SMS Transfer" in programs list to run it.

New window

Step 2: Click on "Restore Messages" in the main interface to save your SMS messages into mobile phone.

New window

Step 3: Select and click on the stf file to be restored.

New window

New window

New window

After Restore Succeed. You will see all you message come back to your phone now!

New window

Free download
    http://www.emaildigger.com/product_detail.php/pid/22132-1/pa/GodswMobile-SMS-Transfer
    " TARGET="_blank">SMS Transfer

god123---01, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

transferring a computer

1. transferring a computer - Similar Threads - transferring computer

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  5. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?: I bought Windows 10 Pro a few years ago and installed in on my personal desktop computer. Well that computer has since died and I have a new one, but it has Windows 10 Home Edition.How do I transfer the license that I purchased to this new computer?...
  6. How do I transfer a digital license for Windows to a new computer?

7. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  8. All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...

All I want to do is transfer my photos from iPhone to my computers physical storage not one...: I don't want to give Microsoft my photos through one drive why can't I just transfer photos via USB-C to my computer's physical storage. I only get the option to transfer to one drive but i do not want to use it! I can see the photo's and when i select them all there is only...
  9. How do i transfer old computer to new?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e
  10. How do i transfer old computer to new?

How do i transfer old computer to new?: old computer has windows 10. new one has windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-old-computer-to-new/29155073-5779-4ac9-afcf-df07c804fc1e