Windows 10: Transferring a large amount of data

Discus and support Transferring a large amount of data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD. I am using Windows 10 Professional. Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bluenose1940, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Transferring a large amount of data

I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD.

I am using Windows 10 Professional.

Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do this please.

Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Aug 7, 2019

2. Quick ways to transfer large data files to another pc

Either network or connecting the laptop drive to your PC as suggested above. With only 20GB of data the performance difference isn't that relevant.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Transfer data

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• What's the model of your old and new phone?
    • How did you transfer the data from old phone to your new one?
    • What type of data did you transfer?
    • Did you transfer the data directly to SD card or phone storage?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Transferring a large amount of data

Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Transferring a large amount of data

1. Transferring a large amount of data - Similar Threads - Transferring large amount

2. How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?: We have our files in ondrive OD there we use them together. We will now split our comany into 3 different companies an all of us want a copy of all OD-files into the 3 new OD's.There is a very large amount of maps and files 300-400 GB.The files have often more than 256...
  3. How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?: We have our files in ondrive OD there we use them together. We will now split our comany into 3 different companies an all of us want a copy of all OD-files into the 3 new OD's.There is a very large amount of maps and files 300-400 GB.The files have often more than 256...
  4. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  5. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  6. A large amount of Files gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A large amount of Files gone: So I just booted my PC one day like normal when all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of my files have gone missing along with programs and my wallpaper.Please someone help me I don't want to redownload everything and I also don't want to be missing numerous files that are...
  7. Large data transfer over USB 3 stalls.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Large data transfer over USB 3 stalls.: I recently bought a... "Rosewill USB to SATA USB 3.0 to Hard Drive Adapter Cable Converter for 2.5 3.5 Inch Hard Drive Disk HDD and SSD Support UASP SATA III with 12V 2A Power Adapter" ... because I have a lot of old SATAII hard drives and I like to back up old files on...
  8. Backing up moderate/large amounts of data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up moderate/large amounts of data?: I saw a couple discussions about backing up larger amounts of data, but mostly they complained about how bad backing up to the Cloud was... I have a moderate amount of data - my desktop, NOT including the system is around 4 TB, 2.5 TB in one partition and growing. I'm...
  9. Transfer of large amounts of data just stops, but disks continue to appear as data is being...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of large amounts of data just stops, but disks continue to appear as data is being...: Hi all, I am doing a disk upgrade and in the process of replacing existing disks, large amounts of data need to be moved between the disks. Since the transfer process is time consuming I have done these late at night leaving the computer on. When checking the next morning...
  10. how to transfer a large amount of items to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer a large amount of items to a flash drive: Recently, my laptop has run out of memory and I decided to get a flash drive for it. Yet I cant seem to transfer large amounts of files without having to go through each one to see if its movable if you have any solutions I would love your help....